Removing Rear Speaker Panels on SuperCrew?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 10:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Removing Rear Speaker Panels on SuperCrew?

The front panels were easy to remove, but the rears don't seem to be the same pressure clips; Can anyone tell me how to remove the rear speaker grills on my '04 SuperCrew so I can attempt to install my new speakers? Thanks!

Old 11-19-2008, 09:29 AM
This isn't a direct how to, but heres the steps:
Let the back windows all the way down...just to make sure you dont slip with the tool and scratch the tint or bust the window.
Take a flat putty knife and easily pull the plastic side piece from next to the window off. It is just alligator clipped in there. Then, take the putty knife and easily pry up the window switch. Disconnect the wire and set panel aside. There is a large bolt in the panel pocket that needs to come out. Pry the small piece of trim out from behind the door handle and there are two bolts in there that have to be removed. Lastly, theres 2 more screws down at the bottom of the door panel that need to be removed. Then, just take the door panel by the grab bar, and ease it up off of the hooks...Thats it. Reverse removal process to re-install.

A long extension for your ratchet will be a good thing!!!

*Disclaimer----This is in no way a written guarantee or warranty. Simply a guide to help along. I am not held liable for ANY damage incurred by following this process.

Old 11-19-2008, 12:13 PM
Why did they make the fronts so easy and then on the rears you have to take off the whole panel? LOL.

Old 11-19-2008, 06:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EndlessMoto
Why did they make the fronts so easy and then on the rears you have to take off the whole panel? LOL.
They probably had a different team of genius' design the rear panels and another team design the front panels. But, thats why you take it to a professional and have them replace the speaker. That way if they break something, they pay for it.

Last edited by JasonFX4; 11-19-2008 at 06:52 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:28 PM
Think about it this way....would you want some kicking, screaming, puking kid to be able to access the actual speaker by taking off the panel that easy??? Didn't think so!!

Old 11-20-2008, 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by JasonFX4
They probably had a different team of genius' design the rear panels and another team design the front panels. But, thats why you take it to a professional and have them replace the speaker. That way if they break something, they pay for it.
There is no way I'm paying $75+ for someone to do something that is still easy.

Originally Posted by vtelvr
Think about it this way....would you want some kicking, screaming, puking kid to be able to access the actual speaker by taking off the panel that easy??? Didn't think so!!
Very true.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by vtelvr
Yep thats why none of those are allowed in my truck, nevermind the mess they make, the screaming and kicking drives me nuts.

Old 11-20-2008, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by JasonFX4
Yep thats why none of those are allowed in my truck, nevermind the mess they make, the screaming and kicking drives me nuts.
AMEN.

Old 11-20-2008, 02:07 PM
I ordered speakers from crutchfield and they came with instructions to do front and rear and the HU. If you would like I may be able to scan the rear speaker pages and e-mail them to you, nice pictures and everything, I had both rear speakers replaced yesterday in 20 min. Not bad, very similar to my 94 Ranger

Old 11-20-2008, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by Buckeyes903
I ordered speakers from crutchfield and they came with instructions to do front and rear and the HU. If you would like I may be able to scan the rear speaker pages and e-mail them to you, nice pictures and everything, I had both rear speakers replaced yesterday in 20 min. Not bad, very similar to my 94 Ranger
If you could scan them in and email them to me that would be great!

My email is endlessmoto@live.com, Thanks!

Old 11-20-2008, 04:49 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Dont ask, on my 03 screw, the front door is held on by 4 screws, and the rear door is held on by 5. Go figure that one out. The front door is something like 9" longer then the rear door

Old 11-21-2008, 09:33 PM
If you could scan them in and email them to me that would be great!

My email is endlessmoto@live.com, Thanks!
e-mail sent

Quick Reply: Removing Rear Speaker Panels on SuperCrew?