power window problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 09:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question power window problem

Hey guys...my wifes truck- an 05 F150 screw--well she was letting the window on the front passenger side down and the window went all the way down but when she tried to roll it back up it wouldn't...so i looked at it when i got home and got most of the panel off,but couldn't get it all the way off...read the post on here "how to" gonna try that tommorrow.i pulled the window up and put a pair of vice grips on the track where window wouldn't fall all the way down...anyways with a flashlight i could see the window cable and it has alot of slack...what is the trick to fix the window....any help.............thanks

Old 10-25-2008, 05:00 PM
Hey man. I just had the same problem with my truck. I am currently trying to fix it. From what it looks like, the wire has come off its tracks and is now starting to come apart. because the wire came of the wheels tracks it is rubbing on a metal mount that holds the wheel. DO NOT try to raise or lower the window with the motor!!!! I tried and now the wire is slowly coming apart..... wish i didn't do that. Can anyone help us figure out this problem?

Old 10-26-2008, 12:18 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You need a new window regulator assembly. My passenger front went out last year and replaced it myself. A plastic pulley broke and the window fell in the door. The cable was bird nested and tangled after I tried to roll it back up.

Now the driver front went out this year, and it's being held up with vise grips until I get around to buying a regulator assembly for that side.

When you replace it just be sure to grease the regulator tracks with a light coat of white lithium grease before you put it in the door. It helped my new one travel up and down much easier.

Old 10-26-2008, 12:56 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
yea sounds like you need a window regulator.

what part of texas are you in?

Old 10-26-2008, 02:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
kinda sounds like what I have going on in my truck. Passenger window will roll down about halfway, slow down to almost nothing, and then picks up speed right before it reachs the bottom. and it also decides when it wants to roll up.....

Old 10-27-2008, 06:00 AM
is there another less expensive place other than the dealership to buy this regulator?

Old 11-04-2008, 02:01 PM
I paid $178.00 at a dealership in reno nevada. I looked all over scrap yards, but couldn't find anything.

Quick Reply: power window problem