Smelly Interior

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 09:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smelly Interior

Does anyone have some ideas for dealing with this situation? Late last summer about a quart and a half of salt water leaked onto the back seat of my '99 extended cab. It was a few days before I discovered what had happened and with the windows always being shut in my truck it developed an odor. Soon the cold weather caught up with me and I didn't get around to dealing with it. I figured during the winter I shouldn't try to shampoo it as the cool temperatures would delay the drying. I unbolted the flip up seat bottoms and they don't smell too bad. I think the majority of it is coming from the carpet back there. Aside from a spray of lysol I haven't really done anything yet. Is there a product that anyone could recommend?

Thanks.

Old 05-01-2008, 12:26 PM
go to publix or walmart and buy these things called damp rid bags.... they grab water and moisture right out of your seats and carpet. they are bags that you just hang up in your truck and let the heat from inside your truck do the work. i had the same probablem with my seats smelling from salt water when me and my buddies would get back in my truck wet from surfing. these things do wonders.

Old 05-01-2008, 12:42 PM
I've always just removed the seats and carpet and let them dry for a day or so.

My ranger had flood damage and the padding under the floor was molding. I took it out and bleached it real good and let it dry for a day or so.

Kind of a pain in the butt but it gets the job done.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:10 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
I have a response for you in your other thread.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=331640

Quick Reply: Smelly Interior