Custom Interior(Pics) by Patterntek

Old 02-25-2008, 10:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is that expensive to do??? I would want to get black ones to cover up the wodd grain on my lariat.

Di you have to send them pieces? Is it an overlay, or a whole new trim piece?

Old 02-25-2008, 11:07 AM
Looks great Gator! Got any overall interior shots? Please PM me any info you have on this conversion!

- NCSU

Old 02-25-2008, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
Looks great Gator! Got any overall interior shots? Please PM me any info you have on this conversion!

- NCSU

I like it, at least I think I do. Need to see the whole thing. A shot of the entire interior would be great.

Thanks.

Old 02-25-2008, 11:39 AM
2009 F150online Truck of the Year

Thank you FordKing2828

eastcoastzigzag, tried to PM you, but it says you cannot recieve PM's

http://www.patterntek.com

andrewc_11890, PM sent

Robby, I will find out when you are ASLEEP, then call

Street3285

Is that expensive to do???

How much / How to get a Quote?

Quote depends on volume, texture, material and pattern choice. For "Range" or Ballpark quotes simply take a few pictures of what you want enhanced with the Pattern Tek Process along with length (X) width measurements for an idea of size and e-mail them to sales@patterntek.com.

Do you have to send them pieces?
If you buy a core that we have in stock, you will not need be without your selected parts. If its a part we do not have in stock, the interior panels you've removed won't affect the performance or drive ability of your vehicle. Whenever you send panels in for processing the interior of your vehicle will look odd because cosmetic pieces will be missing, but speaking from first-hand experience the results are more than worth the wait!

Is it an overlay, or a whole new trim piece?

What is PatternTek?

PatternTek, is a process that can enhance any kind of hard-surfaced, non-porous part, such as plastic or metal, and make it look like a variety of finishes, such as wood grains, carbon fibers, camouflage, or brushed aluminums in many colors.

...Sure but how do you get the ink pattern on the part... Is the ink pattern vynil, paint, an overlay stick on or what?

None of the above... The pattern itself, whatever the pattern may be (straight-grain wood, marble, snakeskin, burl wood, carbon fiber, or brushed aluminum) is printed on a thin, water-soluble film. We cut a piece of the film that will be big enough to envelope the part in question, then lay the film on the surface of water floating in a specialized current controlled stainless steel tank. An ink release prep chemical is sprayed on the film that dissolves the film, leaving just the ink pattern floating on the surface of the water. Then the part is dipped in the water slowly, and it picks up the pattern, much like an Easter egg and permanantly becomes the surfaces new look. The last few steps include spraying 3 coats of high gloss clear coat on the part to give it depth and shine... after that we wet sand, polish, bubble wrap and mail. When its all said and done, you are left with a part that looks like it came from the factory in a wood grain, carbon fiber, or whatever finish you choose. No appreciable thickness is added to the part. There is no film to peel off. Did you know this is the same process used by the OEM's like Ford, GM and Toyota right now to achieve the wood grain and carbon fiber finishes in their vehicles. In fact, since its the same process we can match pretty much any make and model vehicle interior.

PatternTek was originally designed for the marine industry because it enabled the interior of boats to achieve a look that was cost effective and durable. As a result, many wood trims in boats these days such as those you see on steering wheels, dash boards, lining and so forth use PatternTek. And because of this technique, not only was the look achieved, the tough clear coat finish provided protection from the harsh salt water environment. Therefore, instead of simple plastic parts, Pattern Tek enabled boat companies all over to provide an affordable way to upgrade the interior while maintaining superior durability.

Now, PatternTek is available to enthusiasts all over, transforming interior/exterior trim to a variety of looks. From classic wood to high tech carbon fiber trim, Pattern Tek offers several different patterns that are bound to suit even the most demanding enthusiasts. Although this is the same process found in Luxury vehicles and Yahts, Pattern Tek is not limited to just boats and cars. This process has been used in industries such as hunting, eye wear, shoes, computers and many more where the transforming of plastic, metal or glass is required.

Last edited by GATOR CREW; 02-25-2008 at 11:42 AM.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:41 AM

jk 007

NCSU_05_FX4

I will post up some full interior shots for you later, if you go on http://www.patterntek.com you can see a gallery of other patterns

Old 02-25-2008, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by GATOR CREW
I will post up some full interior shots for you later, if you go on http://www.patterntek.com you can see a gallery of other patterns
Good deal man. I really like the idea of getting the black marble to cover my interior. Approximately, how much did all your work run you and do they have Ford parts in stock, or did you have to ship your stock pieces out to them?

Also, how was the installation, pretty simple?

- NCSU

PS: Any way you could size down your signature? Or if you'd like, send me a few pictures and I'll try and make one for you..

Last edited by NCSU_05_FX4; 02-25-2008 at 12:06 PM.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:52 PM
Got an email back from them quick, said $275 (radio surround + 4 switch plates)

Old 02-26-2008, 12:39 PM

Here are some interior pics for you, sorry pics not the best

W/O flash

W/Flash

Last edited by GATOR CREW; 02-26-2008 at 12:42 PM.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:40 PM

Old 02-26-2008, 12:41 PM

Old 02-26-2008, 12:44 PM
looks really nice! I bet it goes awesome with the rest of your truck. PS nice truck!

Old 02-26-2008, 12:51 PM

Appreciate it

Old 02-26-2008, 01:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I say it looks awesome (from a fellow Central Floridian).

Old 02-28-2008, 01:10 AM
Thats is so alsome looking i love the steering wheel

Old 02-28-2008, 08:50 AM
I don't personally like the wood finish, but the whole efrfect turned out really well.

Is that a cover on the floor vent in the same finish?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Custom Interior(Pics) by Patterntek