disassembly of center console

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 11:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
disassembly of center console

Hello,

I have a 2004 super cab with front bucket seats and the large center console, the one with four cupholders. The cover for the power outlet on the back of the console is broken. I have the correct replacement part however I don't know how to take the console apart to get at the broken one. Does anybody have any experience disassembling the console?

Thank you.

Old 12-09-2007, 12:19 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Is it a floor shift console or an XLT console?

Old 12-09-2007, 01:14 AM
XLT console. The shifter is on the steering column.

Old 12-09-2007, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by stuartmcivor
Hello,

I have a 2004 super cab with front bucket seats and the large center console, the one with four cupholders. The cover for the power outlet on the back of the console is broken. I have the correct replacement part however I don't know how to take the console apart to get at the broken one. Does anybody have any experience disassembling the console?

Thank you.
I think you might have to take out the front seats. When I put leather in mine, I took it out then, but did not have the problem you have. Look around the bottom for the bolts that hold it to floor. Also, look for screws that hold the top. A little investigation will go a long way. And remember to reassemble it the way you took it apart.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:27 AM
Smile

You probably will need to remove the Console to access the area you need to get to. However, it is not necessary to remove your Bucket Seats. The Console is easy to take out...
There are 4 big Torx Head Bolts that attach the Console to the floor, 2 at the Front and 2 toward the back. The back 2 are easy to get to, the front 2 are a little more difficult. Once the bolts are removed. just lift the Console up and out. Then just turn it upside down to get to the area you want. Reinstall in the reverse order. Piece of cake. Shouldnt take you 15 minutes to do. Good luck!

Old 12-10-2007, 08:41 PM
There should be a thin carpet that will lift out in the bottom of the console. Under it are the bolts that hold the console down.

Quick Reply: disassembly of center console