New truck at home

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 10:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New truck at home

I just picked up a new '07 F150 SC yesterday at a blowout price, i guess! Anyway, it does have the grey cloth seats so I am looking for suggestions on care/feeding of new truck. Has anyone assembled a good list of suggestions on proper care for a new vehicle? Any suggestions on treating carpet, seats, protecting vinyl, seat belts, undercarriage, chrome, engine compartment, etc? I have only had a few minutes to look underneath, but it looks like most of the frame and other components, like the diff, have been painted by factory.

I plan to stop by a dealer tomorrow and pick up the ford weatherguard-type floor mats before i ruin the carpet ones.

Old 12-03-2007, 08:10 PM
i know this may sound so grandma-ish but i have a towel that i lay across my seats that i only take off while on a date. it keeps your seats looking new. but if you are fooling around in your truck, your might wanna leave them on the seat

Old 12-03-2007, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by John Patterson
I just picked up a new '07 F150 SC yesterday at a blowout price, i guess! Anyway, it does have the grey cloth seats so I am looking for suggestions on care/feeding of new truck. Has anyone assembled a good list of suggestions on proper care for a new vehicle? Any suggestions on treating carpet, seats, protecting vinyl, seat belts, undercarriage, chrome, engine compartment, etc? I have only had a few minutes to look underneath, but it looks like most of the frame and other components, like the diff, have been painted by factory.

I plan to stop by a dealer tomorrow and pick up the ford weatherguard-type floor mats before i ruin the carpet ones.
you need to visit the Car and Detailing Section and review the sticky on truck care.

Cheers and congrats on the new rig

Old 12-03-2007, 10:07 PM
dflw, not sure I can get my spouse to help me break in my truck, lol!
Thanks for the info. I will need to get up to speed on care/feeding of new truck.

Might be cool to have a 'check list' of items on vehicle, from top to bottom, inside and out, along with suggested methods of detailing, to increase life, appearance, and durability of vehicle.

RollingRock, I will start looking over the section. Thanks,

BTW I picked up the Ford brand of weatherguard mats from a dealer and I was suprised/disappointed that the driver's mat was so small with the top corners cut away. I guess mfr is afraid if it was any larger it would get wedged under pedals.

Old 12-03-2007, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by John Patterson
dflw, not sure I can get my spouse to help me break in my truck, lol!
Thanks for the info. I will need to get up to speed on care/feeding of new truck.

Might be cool to have a 'check list' of items on vehicle, from top to bottom, inside and out, along with suggested methods of detailing, to increase life, appearance, and durability of vehicle.

RollingRock, I will start looking over the section. Thanks,

BTW I picked up the Ford brand of weatherguard mats from a dealer and I was suprised/disappointed that the driver's mat was so small with the top corners cut away. I guess mfr is afraid if it was any larger it would get wedged under pedals.
Weathertechs are hard to beat if you check them out...they are kind of a F150online fav and I've had them in all of my F150's and now in my F250. They are fantastic.

I am OCD about detailing so I keep it pretty clean.

Cheers

Old 12-05-2007, 07:39 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by dflw_99
i know this may sound so grandma-ish but i have a towel that i lay across my seats that i only take off while on a date. it keeps your seats looking new. but if you are fooling around in your truck, your might wanna leave them on the seat
Crusty-Sticky seats, whats wrong with that?.................

Old 12-08-2007, 10:51 AM
autozone has some nice seat covers that just slip on over your seats like during the day you could use them but if you had nice clean clothes on you can slip them right off and you could also spray them with scotch guard any thing that gets onthem then if you get it up when it happens will just wipe off a dealer will over to protect your seat with a fabric protector but my brother use to work a the local ford dealership and thats what they used and congradulations on your new truck

Quick Reply: New truck at home