Sunroof in a supercab

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 11:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sunroof in a supercab

Do you think putting a sun roof from a supercrew into a supercab would it be worth it. Keep in mind my supercab only has 40000 miles on it and I plan on keeping it till the loan is paid off in 2013.

Last edited by f150silver05; 11-25-2007 at 10:42 PM.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it can be done, but it is a bitch to do. i looked into it for my 03 Scab, and it would be best to get it professionally done, unless you are a fan of leaks... you're talking removing a large section of your roof, installing the glass, track, etc, sealing it, replacing the headliner and overhead console with one that accomodates moonroof controls, etc. honestly, unless you are highly experianced, and it sounds like you may not be, this is too much trouble for you (and me) to undertake ourselves, given the huge potential for problems. In short, get it professionally done, and it will look completely stock, and will perform flawlessly. you will not be happy w/ a botched DIY job, trust me. FWIW, I'm paying somebody who does installs for dealers to do mine, and as far as it being worth it, i honestly think it is.

Old 11-25-2007, 10:41 PM
I was just seeing if anyone thought it was a good idea or not. I knew it could be done but just didnt know if it was a dumb idea or not. I have the experience to do it, its just I know its alot of work and didnt know if anyone else thought it would be worth it. Work in a glass shop installing windshields for a year and a half so I know it would be a PITA, and Im looking at about a good 3 days of work. Just wanted to know if anyone thought it would be worth it.

Old 11-26-2007, 12:12 AM
One other thing to make sure: Do make sure that there will be enough room in an 04+ Scab to accomodate the track for the moonroof so that the glass will slide fully back as it is intended to. i know it will work on a 97-03, but my knowledge of 04+ F150's is really limited, and i am not sure on your application.

Old 11-26-2007, 01:23 PM
how much would it cost to get it done professionally? This is ignoring the overhead console swap, I figure that's probably something I could do myself.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:09 AM
The best price I could find to get done in the tampa/orlando area was $1100 for a fully retracting moonroof. However, that included the overhead controls swap. You have to factor in the cost of the parts, which is high, and the skill and intense of the labor. And if it were me, I would go check out places that warrant their work, (which I have).

Quick Reply: Sunroof in a supercab