Steering wheel ford logo - WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 01:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steering wheel ford logo - WTF?

My Ford logo on my steering wheel looks like it's been antiqued or something. The silver lettering and ring are getting pitted. Anyone else seen this?
I'm having the dealer re-align my passenger side doors and am thinking of having them replace this logo. I know it's a minor thing but when you pay top $ for a Lariat you expect to have things look good for a while.

So, has anyone else noticed this and had the logo replaced?

-Chris

Old 07-12-2007, 01:23 AM
well if it's under warranty by all means get a new one... I had to replace a radio because a little of the black coating wore off and the light showed through on a button where it wasn't suppose to... I would have gotten a new radio too.

If it's not under warranty... then obviously it's your choice if you want to spend the money.

Old 07-20-2007, 09:24 PM
Mine looks the same way, it looks like the chrome leaf on the plastic has some how loosened and now looks crinkled. Strange to explain. I really don't pay attention to it, but every time I clean the interior, it annoys me, "ho hum...ugh, wtf!"

Old 07-21-2007, 01:44 PM
My boss's Expi has the same problem. Thank God my truck doesn't. It'd drive me nuts. Let us know if they replace it under warranty....it'll be interesting as it's part of the air bag cover which means they replace the whole thing.

Quick Reply: Steering wheel ford logo - WTF?