Door jam protector ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 09:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Door jam protector ?

I recently noticed that Ford had put a door jam protector on the drivers door only. It is the piece of flexible tape looking material that is applied to the bottom door jam to keep from wearing of the paint. Now for my question, where can I buy this to add to the other 3 doors ? I have an 06 bought last Oct which is a Lariat supercrew. I am not looking for the metal guards. I want something that looks like the original. Ford has these for 16.00 a piece , which I think could be bought elswhere...for a little less. It's a piece of tape Thanks in advance, 45/70 sharpshooter

Old 02-28-2007, 12:24 AM
Hi Shooter,

I dont have the protector on my 04 crew, but if the one you're looking for is clear I can suggest a good substitute. Go to any local motorcycle shop that sells or specializes in offroad stuff. A lot of us dirt-bikers use a material they sell which is a sheet of fairly thick, clear plastic (its really durable and sticks even when power washed). I have used it for years to protect the paint on areas of the frame where my boots rub. The sheet is about 14"x12" and doesnt cost much at all. Clean the paint, cut it nice and straight and touch only the edges (dont fingerprint the adhesive side) and its practically invisible. I have used it on a few different cars and been really happy with the result. If you don't have any luck finding it locally, give me a holler and I can put you in touch with a shop that I know for certain can get it for you.

Best Regards,
Blaise

Old 02-28-2007, 06:05 AM
Re: door jam

Blaise, I appreciate the info. I will keep an eye on this thread ,and also see if that item you mentioned will work. 45/70sharpshooter

Old 03-01-2007, 02:17 AM
I have the diamond plate ones that go the length of the jam front to back. Made by AVS. I can assure you they are good because between fire boots, work boots, and dog claws no scratches yet. Think they were 20 bucks for both sides. Called step shield

Old 03-01-2007, 09:58 PM
I bought a 20 foot roll of black thick tape with adhesive from O'Reilly Auto Parts for about 10 bucks. The tape is made for application on step bars. The tape is about 2" wide so I had to use 2 pieces for each door sill. I think it looks pretty good.

Quick Reply: Door jam protector ?