replacement headlight knob?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 10:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
replacement headlight ****?

my GF left the seat forward when driving the truck a few weeks ago and when I was getting in my knee whacked the headlight **** and broke the clip that holds it on. Its a 2002 f-150 supercab short bed. base package interior I think. it has the 60/40 split bench seating. The headlight **** looks very similar to the ***** on the heating/ac panel except its got a little light bulb icon on it and has more grip (so you can pull it out for the fog lights).

anyone know this part number or a site that has diagrams with part numbers? just curious how much it is and if I should bother ordering online or just getting it through a local place. can never find sites that have good OEM part number listings.

Old 12-12-2006, 11:16 AM
Same thing happened to me. Never found a place that sold just the ****. Ended up spending $25 at a salvage yard for the whole switch module. There's a slot at the bottom of the switch module that you can push a small flathead screwdriver into that releases the module.

I think you can get them from genuine-ford-parts.com new for $35 - $50 depending on whether you have auto-headlights and fog lights.

Old 12-13-2006, 10:30 PM
I decided to just order a new switch assembly. I wanted to get the auto lamps at some point anyway so I just ordered that version. They will work right? It just turns the lights on when the truck is running and off when it turns off correct? I ordered from www.rockauto.com .. they had good pricing for fast shipment and the lowest prices. their website wasn't crappy like all those trademotion.com back sites either.

Old 12-14-2006, 11:53 AM
Trucks equiped with autolamps have a light sensor on top of the dash to detect day/night. The switch alone will not make the lights go on/off automatically. You may be able to by-pass the sensor with some work tying off wires.

Old 12-14-2006, 11:56 AM
junk

junk yard, or you may be able to speak with the parts department at your local ford dealer

Old 12-16-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by Big Red P225
Trucks equiped with autolamps have a light sensor on top of the dash to detect day/night. The switch alone will not make the lights go on/off automatically. You may be able to by-pass the sensor with some work tying off wires.
Doh! well its installed. not worth sending it back just to remove autolamp portion. the other parts were basically the same price anyway and everything else works fine.

Old 12-18-2006, 08:00 PM
If you have fogs you should have searched up the fog lamp mod to have ur fogs on without the heads

Quick Reply: replacement headlight knob?