Driver side seat belt retraction

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 06:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driver side seat belt retraction

Has anyone else had a problem with the seat belt retraction on the driver side of your F-150? If so what have you done to correct it? Mine is a 97 F-150 and is on its second retractor still to no avail and when I go on a long trip it slowly creeps up and chokes me to death.It has been the best vehicle I've ever owned including 25 new GM vehicles in my lifetime in almost 60years, this is the only thing I can complain about. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 03-23-2006, 11:15 AM
I am having the problem with mine that whenever i take the seatbelt off, It doesnt retract. I have had it replaced and it seems that my truck eats up the retractors. I havent had the problem with them choking me though, just not working in general. Sorry I couldnt have been more help!

Old 03-28-2006, 09:44 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mine stopped retracting at around 30k. It's really annoying to get in, close the door, and grab the buckle only to find the belt is hanging out of the door. It also makes me wonder if it's going to help in an accident. Never had a problem with it riding up. Have you tried the slide adjuster on the upper mount?,,,,98

Old 03-28-2006, 04:25 PM
Ford has a TSB on this problem.Took mine in to the dealer,and it was repaired at no expense to me . 03 F150

Old 04-06-2006, 05:30 PM
The seat belts don't retract for crap on my 99 either. It seems like there's too much friction where the belt rides at the top and changes direction to go back down. My retractor seems to pull just fine as long as it's not tugging the belt through the direction change thing.

Quick Reply: Driver side seat belt retraction