Racing Seats?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 06:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Racing Seats?

Ok guys, I have a single cab 1995 F-150, and I want bucket seats to replace my bench seat, because I want to put a sub in the truck and there is no room behind the seat. And even if you do "scoot" the seat up, then you can't recline back. I am only 5'9, and I can scoot the seat back, but it is very uncomfortable with the seat sitting STRAIGHT up!

I want to put bucket seats in the truck and make a custom MDF/Fiberglass center consol to hold the sub.

My question is, has anyone put "universal" racing seats in their F-150's? The main reason being is they can be had new off ebay for less than used buckets would cost, as for some reason they get kind of pricey. They don't look bad, and recline. The only down part that I can see is getting them to fit.

Any advice guys?

Thanks

Old 12-07-2005, 08:50 PM
Bump.

Any help guys?

Old 12-08-2005, 11:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I installed a APC racing seat into my 2000 F150.
There are brackets available to fit the generic seats into just about any car/truck. In my case, the factory bracket worked but I can't slide the seat.
There are a couple of caveats with the seats:
The APC seat is cheap, chinese made crap which is in the process of disassembling itself after less than a year.
The seatbottom left side support gets bent down when trying to slide out of the truck.
In all I really like the racing seats. After driving for 10+ hours I'm still comfortable. Taking curves is a lot easier when not sliding into the pax seat.

Fritz

Old 12-09-2005, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by Fritzthecat
I installed a APC racing seat into my 2000 F150.
There are brackets available to fit the generic seats into just about any car/truck. In my case, the factory bracket worked but I can't slide the seat.
There are a couple of caveats with the seats:
The APC seat is cheap, chinese made crap which is in the process of disassembling itself after less than a year.
The seatbottom left side support gets bent down when trying to slide out of the truck.
In all I really like the racing seats. After driving for 10+ hours I'm still comfortable. Taking curves is a lot easier when not sliding into the pax seat.

Fritz
Any pics?

Quick Reply: Racing Seats?