Ford Keyless Entry/Alarm??

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2000, 10:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ford Keyless Entry/Alarm??

Okay, just bought a 97 F-150 Flareside, XLT, it came with the keyless entry. On the remote, I have three buttons, when I press the panic button an alarm sounds. When I press lock twice, the horn beeps. Does that mean that I have the alarm system?? How do I know? Thanks!

------------------
97 F150, 4.6L, Flare-side, ext. cab, Green.

Old 04-17-2000, 11:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I also have a '97 with the security/keyless entry stuff. What you describe sure sounds like you have the security-antitheft alarm.

Use is covered in your user manual. To verify if you have the security alarm, after you hit the "Lock" button twice (and the horn blows and the lights blink), you should be able to observe the words "Theft" (or antitheft or something like that) blinking every few seconds in the dashboard guage pod, in red letters.

Hope this helps.

J.

------------------

'97 F150 Supercab XLT; Pacific Green; 4.6l; B & M ShiftPlus; Bosch Plus4s; 3.55; ABS; 17" whls; Towing Package; Gibson dual exhaust; Waldoch Conversion (Custom Paint/graphics, powerslider rear window; walnut dash trim; overhead console; F'glass 'boards); ARE fiberglass bed cap; JVC Head unit & 12 disk changer; Prince compass/temp RV mirror; Anti-theft.

[This message has been edited by jaymz (edited 04-17-2000).]

Old 04-18-2000, 09:09 AM
The only thing the alarm will do is protect the truck from being stolen, not the articles inside it. Mine does the same thing but doesn't have the theft alarm just the pats system. Leave a window open, lock truck, reach in and open door. If the alarm goes off you have it if not you don't. When you push the lock button twice it should beep once. if it beeps twice something is open or not latched properly--Bob

------------------
99 EB Expedition 5.4L with all the perks,3.73 LS,Heated Mirrors and Seats. Everything but sun-roof. Rhino Step Bar, Ford Bug Shield,More to come...

Old 04-19-2000, 09:59 AM
Thanks, I feel stupid now....I never even noticed the little red security light flashing on my dash.....duh!
So it appears that I do have the alarm.

------------------
97 F150, XLT, Flare-side, ext. cab, Pacific Green, 4.6L Triton V8.

Old 05-02-2000, 11:43 AM
Wink

The horn is to let you know the doors are locked. On my 99 F150, if I press lock twice with a door ajar, it honks twice. Otherwist it honks once to let me know the doors are locked. The alarm is only a passive alarm since it only detects if the right key is in the ignition. My wife has a 94 Crown Victoria that does not have an alarm, but when she presses the lock button twice on her remote, the horn beeps to let her know that the doors are locked.

------------------
Brian
1999 F-150 Lariat Supercab
Styleside, 4.6V8, 4W-ABS,
Gatorback liner, Nerf rails
Green and Gold - Go STARS!

Old 05-28-2000, 09:20 PM
i also have the keyless remote, with the arm/disarm/panic buttons. when i press the arm button once, the alarm chirps twice and the doors lock and the system is activated. to disarm i press the disarm button once and the alarm chirps once and the doors unlock. i was just wondering why you guys say you press the arm button twice and the alarm chirps once to arm. maybe mine is different i guess.

------------------
1999 F-150 XLT Sport Styleside 5.4L Triton V8 4-Speed Auto/OD 3.55LS
SilverClearcoat/Metallic Dark Graphite Interior 60/40 Split Bench 6-Way Power Captains Seat 17" Cast Aluminum Wheels
P275/60R17 OWL 4Wheel Disc/ABS Remote Keyless Entry Class III Tow Package Rear Slide Window

Old 07-08-2000, 09:08 PM
Lightbulb

When you press the lock button the second time it is just to let you know that your doors are locked when the horn blows. The panic is just for old women who are being attacked In 99 they came out with the keys with the chip in them and the little red lite that blinks and says theft is just to scare people away. It just keeps people from steeling your car, not the items in it.

Quick Reply: Ford Keyless Entry/Alarm??