passenger side rattle

Old 12-09-1999, 11:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question passenger side rattle

Driving home tonight, all of a sudden heard an annoying rattle coming from passenger side. Made sure both doors (supercab) were shut, checked the windows. Could only hear it while driving, and since I was by myself, it's kind of difficult to isolate the noise. Anybody have a similar noise? It occurs with relatively small bumps in the road. Only have 1100 miles, want it to stay like new. Any help appreciated.

------------------
00 supercab, 5.4,4x4, stay up too late on this site!

Old 12-18-1999, 11:09 AM
If you have those extending shoulder harnass belts you might want to de-extend the harnass. I had a little rattle from that and de-extending it did the trick.

P.S. I am glad I am not the only one who rides with my radio off and listens for squeaks and rattles.

Old 12-18-1999, 04:17 PM
It's like a sickness sometimes though. Driving around in the truck listening for the lightest sound that is out of the ordinary. I have to say though, the truck is bolted to one heck of a frame. Very rigid and "squeak" free! The old Dodge I had squeaked like nobody's business!

Man I love this truck! Best built, best selling truck in America how many years running - 22? Fseries!

------------------
'97 F150 Lariat, Flareside, white/sliver, SC, ORP, 5.4 (FQR 8/99) running Mobil 1
Mods: 305/70/16 GY ATS, AR Baja wheels, dual exhaust, Smittybilt Nerf Bars, Edelbrock IAS Shocks, K&N Filter, Carbon Fiber Bug Gaurd and rigged the fog lights too.

Old 12-18-1999, 06:20 PM
Cool

I don't know whether it's a paranoya thing or what. I too drive around with the radio off "trying" to hear squeaks and rattles. Why I do this, I do not know. Maybe I have something shorted in my head.

------------------
1997 F-150, 4.6, automatic, Dark Toreador Red, Supercab, Flareside, 4X4 Off-Road, Towing Package, Chrome Grizzly Wrap Around Push Bar, Ventshades, Ford bedliner, Code Alarm Sure Start RVS remote starter, Ford alarm, Realistic CB with Wilson Little Wil antenna and Astatic power mic, ported MAF sensor, and Lots of TLC!! (Besides being an F-150 nut, I am a Ford auto technician.)

Old 12-19-1999, 11:57 PM
Red face

Sycoholic, I'm the one with the short-circuited object that sits on my shoulders. I found the problem: Actually my wife did, which makes it hurt even more. She rode with me one evening, and I told her to listen for the rattle on her side of the truck. We drive about 1 block, I keep asking her if she can hear the noise. She says "yes, but it's on your side!" I remain pigheaded, insisting that it is on her side. Then my gelatinous brain wakes up, looks up at the console, and I remove my sunglasses, end of the mysterious passenger side rattle. Doh!! I was hoping no one would reply to my original message, but since you guys gave sound, logical advice, I had to confess to my own paranoid stupidity. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to look like a comlete idiot to over 3500 people A lesson to be learned, look for the easiest fix, or ask the wife

------------------
00 supercab, 5.4,4x4, stay up too late on this site!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: passenger side rattle