Removing door step threshold plates

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-1999, 11:20 PM
TAB
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Removing door step threshold plates

Does anyone know how to remove the plates in the bottom of the door openings on a 97 F150 ext cab.? I can't seem to locate the fasteners.

Old 07-02-1999, 08:03 AM
TAB: Wow, I was install my amp last night and I also was looking how to remove the plate. I just grab the trim starting at the firewall side pulled back towards the rear cab and it came right out! Maybe someone can tell us the right way but that worked for me. Good Luck

------------------
97 F150 XLT, 5.4, EXTANG, SUPERCHIP,EDELBROCK SHOCKS,REAR SLIDER, GIBSON CAT-BACK,BOSCH +4,HELLWIG SWAY BAR,AIRAID.

Old 07-02-1999, 08:07 AM
Indy

How did the amp install go? I am considering an amp for my standard cab. I am targeting the driver seat for installation. I believe that I read where you were doing the same. Also, which amp did you decide on.

Thanks

------------------
White 1999 F150 4X4 XLT Regular Cab, 5.4L Short bed, 373 Rear, Towing & Off Road Pkg, 6 Disk CD, Keyless Entry

Mods Include : Superchip, Flowmaster exhaust, Chrome bed rails, Full window tint. Triton boats tag on front - BASS sticker in rear glass

Old 07-02-1999, 09:02 AM
TRITON: It bought a Sony mx-5046 4 channel amp, I think it rated at 60x4??. I only laid out the wires last night because it was raining CATS & DOGS here. Looking up under the driver seat frame there is some holes already there which line up with the holes in my amp. I might try hanging my amp upside down from the drivers seat frame and make a cable hanger so when the drivers seat moves up and back that the cable will move with the seat. Wow won't that be different!! I just don't like the ideal of putting holes in the floor board. If someone thinks that turning the amp upside down will cause problems please let me know. Hey the amp has a 2year warrenty and if something happens I'll get a new one and then drill the holes in the floor!!!!

------------------
97 F150 XLT, 5.4, EXTANG, SUPERCHIP,EDELBROCK SHOCKS,REAR SLIDER, GIBSON CAT-BACK,BOSCH +4,HELLWIG SWAY BAR,AIRAID.

Old 07-03-1999, 12:26 AM
I work as an Electronics Engineer and cant think of any reason that the "upside down" amp would be a problem. The only thing that
I could think of is the wires going to the amp may need some kind of strain relief if you move your seat alot. Not sure.
Let us know how it goes, I am about to venture into the new audio setup. I am waiting for my nurf bars to arrive right now.

------------------
White 1999 F150 4X4 XLT Regular Cab, 5.4L Short bed, 373 Rear, Towing & Off Road Pkg, 6 Disk CD, Keyless Entry

Mods Include : Superchip, Flowmaster exhaust, Chrome bed rails, Full window tint. Triton boats tag on front - BASS sticker in rear glass

Quick Reply: Removing door step threshold plates