Seat Tilt problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 07:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seat Tilt problem

Okay, I don't know why this happened but it did and now I'm pissed. I used the tilt bar on the back of my seat (It's a single cab so it's the one you pull up to tilt the seat all the way up.) and now it won't lock back into place, so whenever I don't have my hand or weight on it it swings all the way back up... I think you can see that this is a problem... I just don't know what the hell to do to fix it! Hopefully someone has had this happen and has a fix for it...

Old 04-13-2004, 04:20 AM
sounds like the same problem i had, but backwards. not too long ago, i set my seat back for a quick nap in my truck. i jumped out of the truck, and the next day i tried to lift it up. it wouldnt go up. yours is that it wont lock in one position, am i correct?
u can try do what i did. i moved the plastic piece covering the little piece that controls how the seat is positione and took that piece out. i beileve its connected by 3 long bolts, maybe more better check jus in case. then i then looked at the gears that locked. mine was stuck and i jus lubricated, yours mite be stripped or not catching at all. check on that. try take that piece you screwed off and bending it back as far as possible. it jus mite 'repop' the gears back in, much like popping a joint back into place.
before you start, also check that spring! it might jus be too tight or tangled itself and now jus leaves your seat in the moveable position

Old 04-13-2004, 09:44 AM
Actually I went back out there and just started messing with the lever and everything and after I pushed the seat all the way forward the back just kind of snapped back into places. Cheers!

Quick Reply: Seat Tilt problem