Stain on seat

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 10:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Stain on seat

I have a stain on the cloth seat of my 04 F150. I was assigned to make the yams for Thanksgiving, and was told to use a differnet recipe than the one I had (which is a whole other story ) Anyway, the recipe I used created A TON of juice from the mixture of butter, brown sugar and orange juice, and I ended up spilling a couple of drops on my seat. We were running late, so I just ran in the house, grabbed a paper towel, wet it, and put some soap on it to try and get rid of the stain, but its still there. What will get this out? ! We ended up putting the dish on the floor, and a ton more juice leaked out onto the floor, and ran down below the kick panel, and got below the door sill plate, so I need to remove those and see how much is down there! I got the floor cleaned up, because it has rubber floor mats. Its an 04 F150 XL, with base model cloth seats, which seem to be some sort of heavy duty cloth, not very luxurious, but its going to be a work truck soon!

Old 01-11-2004, 11:46 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
There are a multidue of carpet/upholstry cleaners out there. Personally, I've had great success with a product from BLUE MAGIC. I don't remember the name but, it's an aresol spray carpet cleaner. I'm 99% sure that this stuff will handle the yam juice.

You can find it at your local Autozone.

RP

Old 01-13-2004, 04:42 PM
What Rockpick said, any carpet cleaner should be fine with the heavy duty cloth you have in there.

Old 01-13-2004, 11:08 PM
Rp could always come to visit you with his pooch.

Old 01-14-2004, 09:19 AM
for a handful of dollars, invest in a small (1 litre capacity) Bissell shampooer/carpet cleaner.

You would be amazed at what it will pick up.

Old 01-14-2004, 01:18 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by ChiDiver
Rp could always come to visit you with his pooch.
Free of charge even (pending you pay travel expenses for both me and the pooch)... LOL!

Quick Reply: Stain on seat