Seat Covers on leather

Old 10-25-2003, 11:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seat Covers on leather

I am curious if it is a bad thing to put seat covers on leather seats. They are brand new and don't want to screw them up. I hunt ducks and wind up pretty nasty after a day in the marsh and am looking for a way to protect the leather in such situations.

Old 10-25-2003, 08:34 PM
Leather needs to breathe. Don't put plastic over leather. If you put a cloth cover over leather and it get wet you need to remove it as soon as possible.

Your best bet would probably put a beach towel behind the seat. Once you get ready to leave the hunt, pull the beach towel and cover the seat for your ride home. Remove towel when you get home and wash/dry/repace in truck.

Just an idea

Old 10-26-2003, 07:57 AM
Leather needs to breathe.
That's exactly why I am asking this. I currently have Camo Neopreme covers that have the jerzees cloth on the inside. I am sure Neo does not breath because I wear it myself and there is not much anything hotter. The leather smell has also gone away. The covers are made by Hatchie Bottom and they did not say anything about not putting them on leather. My other concern with them is they tend to slide across the leather everytime I get in and out of the truck. Is that something that will rub the black off of the leather? I could pitch them all together but am trying to decide if the benefits out weight the down side to this mess. I'm not kidding about getting dirty chassin them ducks. I usually only drive it about a 1/4 mile wet and muddy launching the boat. Then the gear comes off.

Any info would be appreciated

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Seat Covers on leather