That New Car Smell

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 09:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That New Car Smell

I am wondering if anyone can give an suggestions on how to get a spray or something that will keep my truck smelling like it just rolled out of the factory with the new car smell. I tried doing a search, but I keep getting stopped because car isn't long enough.

Old 10-22-2003, 09:03 AM
The "new car smell" considered by many experts to be somewhat toxic to breathe without adequate ventilation for about the first 6 months of a vehicle's life, is caused by the chemicals used in the manufacturing process plus any number of "aroma engineering" enhancements added during that process to make the vehicle more appealing. Read the downside of the new car smell. HERE Once it fades, it's pretty hard to duplicate. There are several air freshener companies that give it a shot however. In my opinion, the best out there is Ozium. They make a spray called New Car Smell that does a decent job of making a car smell pretty good. I always use it when I am selling a vehicle. Roll up all the windows, close all the vents, spray a heavy dose inside and slam the door shut and leave it over night. It will last quite awhile. You can get it for a couple of bucks at any auto parts store or deparment stores like Walmart.

Last edited by JoeCobra99; 10-22-2003 at 09:06 AM.
Old 10-27-2003, 01:34 PM
refraining from certain activities will also help:

no smoking
no drinking
no eating
no farting

Old 10-28-2003, 09:15 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
GM has engineered something into the leather in the new Cadillacs and select Buicks that has the 'new car' smell. It's supposed to last for YEARS...

I just heard about it on the news today...

GM NEW CAR SMELL

Interesting huh?

Quick Reply: That New Car Smell