2000 Lariat Captains Chair

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2002, 08:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 Lariat Captains Chair

Last summer the drivers side captains chair developed what felt like looseness in the track of the power seat. When I'd go around a hard left turn, I'd feel a slight knock. I took it to the dealership and at first they tightened the bolts that held it to the floor. That helped somewhat. However, it was still there to some degree. Then the service manager drove it around while I was in the truck. He and I couldn't get it to happen again. However, from time to time, I still feel that knock through my butt from something in the seat slipping. I mentioned that maybe the motor needs to be tightened up. His reply was that you have to replace the whole seat as the motor can't be tightened. And, since it is a problem that is very intermittent, Ford probably would not go along with a warranteed replacement. Also, now the truck is past three years old, so it would be something I'd have to pay for. Does anyone out there know if there are some adjustments for this sort of thing? I'm not going to buy a new seat.

Old 12-29-2002, 09:38 PM
I also have a 2000 with captains chairs, experiencing the same problem you are. I work at a Lincoln Mercury dealer and will have one of my techs look at it in the morning, I'll post tommorow night of my findings.

Old 12-29-2002, 10:16 PM
Interesting! My '01 has done the same thing. It's two years old now and I've had it happen maybe 4 or 5 times. I just assumed it was some part taking-up slack, because it does it so rarely.

Quick Reply: 2000 Lariat Captains Chair