Front map lights not working

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 08:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front map lights not working

hey guys new to site was wondering someone could help me out? Own a 2007 f150 this thing pretty new with only 46,000 miles. My front map lights stop working. Don’t work if I press them or if I use the dash wheel. Bulbs are not blown cig lighter works back dome lights work. So I don’t think its a fuse. What fuse would it be? Checked them can’t find a blown 1. But willing to check again. Any help would b great. Thx

Old 09-05-2018, 03:31 PM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
The dome lights, which are controlled by the "dash" wheel or by opening or closing the doors, are on a separate circuit from the "map lights" which are those that can be individually switched on and off. Be sure you are correctly identifying the lights in your descriptions.

The vanity mirror lights, front map lights and, if you have a Super Cab or Super Crew, are all on the same output circuit of the battery saver relay. If any of them work, there's nothing wrong with the relay or the fuses. Instead you have a wiring problem, probably up behind the headliner or in the harness going up there or something as simple as bulbs that have been removed by a PO

Quick Reply: Front map lights not working