Fog Light issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 10:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fog Light issue

Have a 2010 F150 King Ranch 4x4. Body shop replaced bumpers with chrome. Fog lights now not working . Have checked fuse and switch and can hear the relay click when pull on lights but they do not light up. Checked with test light and have no power at the bulbs. Power either side of the fuse so thats ok. Body shop baffled as well as myself. Any suggestions? Also checked bulbs which are good.

Old 11-29-2017, 04:44 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Timmmer
Have a 2010 F150 King Ranch 4x4. Body shop replaced bumpers with chrome. Fog lights now not working . Have checked fuse and switch and can hear the relay click when pull on lights but they do not light up. Checked with test light and have no power at the bulbs. Power either side of the fuse so thats ok. Body shop baffled as well as myself. Any suggestions? Also checked bulbs which are good.
You said that you checked the power at the bulbs and that there wasn't any, what did you ground your meter to? You need to ground it at the - battery terminal. I suspect that you may have power at the bulbs but no ground. You can use a jumper cable or a wire and jumper from the - battery terminal to the metal housing of the lamp and see it it woks. If you truely don't have power at the bulb then you going to have to trace the wiring back to the relay/switch/fuse. the shop may have cut the wire while replacing the bumper.

Old 12-19-2017, 08:16 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
I don't even know why I'm telling you this. Use a circuit tester. Sounds like a wiring issue. Your body shop should be fixing it, not you. Let them figure out what the problem is. They are getting paid to fix the truck right. Not just throw things together, and not know why things aren't working.

Quick Reply: Fog Light issue