Rear light bar

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 05:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear light bar

Hi from the UK... I have a 2004 F15O and have just bought a 60" rear light bar that fits under the tailgate on the rear cross member, on the passenger side there is a raised factory pressing that prevents the light bar from sitting nice and flat in that area, has anyone else come across this? ...Do i have to fit a smaller light bar ie 48" don't think this will look as good as it won't go to the corners of the truck...Or maybe pack the bar out but that might catch on the tailgate when it's opened, or cut the pressing where need be... Someone must have fitted one of these to their truck so looking for advice please.... Sorry for the long post... Regards Chris from the UK..

Old 03-13-2017, 09:37 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Chris,

Yes, I ran into the same problem when installing an LED bar below my tailgate. I simply used rubber washers to space the rest of the LED bar outward enough to clear the raised area. Cheers!

Tom

Old 04-28-2017, 08:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Chris,
I had the same issue with my 2010 F150. The right side sits out about 1/4 inch farther than the rest of the light bar, and it is about the last 2 or 3 inches on the right side.
What I did about it was NOTHING. I just went ahead and let things lay where they may. I have followed behind my truck during the day and night, you cannot tell that there is any difference when the lights are on, or when the brakes are applied, so I wouldn't worry about it, and just go ahead and install it as is. the only person that will know anything is off is you, and you won't know either when you are crusing down the road in your sweet ride.

Last edited by sundyrse59; 04-28-2017 at 08:46 AM.