05 LED Cluster Problem

Old 10-12-2016, 10:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 LED Cluster Problem

Hey guys,

Just replaced all my instrument cluster bulbs with LED's and now I have dark spots, my blinkers don't work and replacing the bulbs didn't make a difference. If anyone is familiar with replacing them, it almost seems like all the grey colored bulb backings are not working. Are they a different type? I searched but couldn't find anyone having problems with them.

P.S. the pic is actually worse than it looks. Pictured are the bulbs I purchased. They are classified as 74/37 and many other bulb sizes.

Attached Thumbnails 05 LED Cluster Problem-dash.jpg   05 LED Cluster Problem-bulb.jpg  
Old 10-13-2016, 07:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Any bulbs that don't work, take them out of the socket and flip the bulb 180° (not the socket, but the bulb).

Where did you get the LEDs? What brand? How many diodes, type of diode and what's their lumen rating?

Seems like you bought LEDs that aren't bright enough. Also, you need to use brighter in the back lights and dimmer for the turn signals, cruise, odometer, etc or you'll be blinded.

Here's mine with all LEDs. I haven't had the issues you describe.

Edit just saw the pic of the LEDs you used. You need something better and brighter.

05 LED Cluster Problem-ora9x7d.jpg

Last edited by 2008_XL; 10-13-2016 at 07:05 AM.
Old 10-13-2016, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by 2008_XL
Any bulbs that don't work, take them out of the socket and flip the bulb 180° (not the socket, but the bulb).

Where did you get the LEDs? What brand? How many diodes, type of diode and what's their lumen rating?

Seems like you bought LEDs that aren't bright enough. Also, you need to use brighter in the back lights and dimmer for the turn signals, cruise, odometer, etc or you'll be blinded.

Here's mine with all LEDs. I haven't had the issues you describe.

Edit just saw the pic of the LEDs you used. You need something better and brighter.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The contacts for the LED when turned 180 degrees is still in the same position. I did try doing that as well as replacing the bulbs. I'm thinking about just going back to halogen haha.

Old 10-14-2016, 08:34 PM
Okay, what I said earlier was pretty dumb. When turning the bulb 180 degrees it changes the polarity. So that does makes sense to turn it. I figured out some of my problems. I got the majority of the dash lights to operate. Some were the 180 degree trick and I also found 8 bulbs! 8 BULBS! that were bad! For the turn signals I'm just going to go get some filament bulbs from Autozone or O'Reilly.

Old 10-15-2016, 04:20 PM
Okay, for anyone who cares. I just ended up purchasing the filament style bulbs for the turn signals alone. The LED's just did not have enough resistance behind them. And rather than order new, better LED's, I just put the filament back in. All bulbs work and everything is buttoned up. Thanks for your suggestion @2008_XL

Old 10-15-2016, 07:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
No problem. Glad you were able to get things working.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 05 LED Cluster Problem