Diode Dynamics LED bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 02:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diode Dynamics LED bulbs

I've tried lots of 'plug and play' bulbs over the years and these are by far the brightest and best quality. So far I just have fog lights, reverse lights, and license plate lights from them and I'm very impressed. The reverse lights and fog lights are their brightest options, they have a few options for each application. The license plate bulbs I got are true to their stock photos - they have a few options for brightness. I went with the ones that are a little brighter than OEM but not too bright so it looks ridiculous just for lighting up your plate.

Link: http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/

Probably the most expensive LED bulbs I've seen but easily worth it. Way brighter than stock and I think they have 3 year warranty.

After my first order they sent a coupon code for 10% off (only works with your personal account) so if that's a regular thing maybe wait to spend the big bucks after your first order to see if you get a coupon code. Products are said to be designed/tested in USA but assembled in China.

Old 03-23-2015, 10:20 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is just going to be one man's opinion, but the fog light pattern looks pretty awful. It looks like there are hot spots, dark spots, overlaps and the overall pattern is just plain blotchy. A true fog beam is a very well focused flat / horizontal pattern with around 135 degrees of spread.

I went to the web site and looked through it. Yes, they do have some of the most expensive LED bulbs I've ever seen. The reverse light bulbs look quite interesting, but the brightest ones are not only $90.00 per pair, but they're out of stock. How much useful light do they actually put on the ground behind your truck? The reason I ask is that a friend is still looking for something decent for his 2014 F-150. The stupidly small size of the housings on his truck make it extremely difficult to get any decent light out of them.

Old 03-23-2015, 06:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2stroked
This is just going to be one man's opinion, but the fog light pattern looks pretty awful. It looks like there are hot spots, dark spots, overlaps and the overall pattern is just plain blotchy. A true fog beam is a very well focused flat / horizontal pattern with around 135 degrees of spread.

I went to the web site and looked through it. Yes, they do have some of the most expensive LED bulbs I've ever seen. The reverse light bulbs look quite interesting, but the brightest ones are not only $90.00 per pair, but they're out of stock. How much useful light do they actually put on the ground behind your truck? The reason I ask is that a friend is still looking for something decent for his 2014 F-150. The stupidly small size of the housings on his truck make it extremely difficult to get any decent light out of them.
As far as the light output goes I'm only speaking from my opinion of coming from OEM. The foglights and reverse lights put out way more useful light than the stock setup. I'm not going to get into pattern dispersion or measured values I can only say it's way better than stock and the price didn't bother me after I saw the results.

The backup light housing definitely sucks on these trucks. My last F150 (2006) put out alot more light in reverse. Once I bought this truck I immediately noticed how crappy the reverse light situation was. Compared to the 06, the bulb and housing are alot smaller. If you want the maximum light coming out the rear of these trucks the only way to do it is auxiliary lights.

Quick Reply: Diode Dynamics LED bulbs