HID Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 12:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HID Question

I have a 2002 ford f150 and I am wanting to get some HIDs. I dont know much about them. What am I going to need to get.

Old 04-29-2012, 08:01 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by johnsonsf150
I have a 2002 ford f150 and I am wanting to get some HIDs. I dont know much about them. What am I going to need to get.
Nice and terse - no 'howdy', no 'please' and/or 'thankee' .... and yer wondering why no one is responding?

Well yer lucky day - Condescending Bastige, to the rescue

You need clear-lensed heads ( yer stock fluted ones will NOT work) - OEM Lightning, Visteon, Fleabay specials (shudder), and a retrofit kit from TRS. www.theretrofitsource.com.

Either MH1's or FX-R's.

Check out the results here: https://www.f150online.com/forums/il...t-members.html

For any more info - install tips, etc, yer just going to have to get off yer *** and use the terrific Search features of this site - it is ALL here. Good info on the TRS site as well.

BTW - IF you just buy some cheap crap Chinglish PnP kit for yer stock heads, you can just proceed to the nearest cliff and drive you and yer truck over it - I've got no use for idiots who care not fer their fellow motorists knowingly blinding them with oncoming glare....don't run those kits - PLEASE.

Oh - yer welcome

Last edited by MGDfan; 04-30-2012 at 06:38 AM.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:51 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Look for a retrofit kit rather than a pnp kit....

Old 04-29-2012, 09:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MGDfan
Nice and terse - no 'howdy', no 'please' and/or 'thankee' .... and yer wondering why no one is responding?

Well yer lucky day - Condescending Bastige, to the rescue

You need clear-lensed heads ( yer stock fluted ones will NOT work) - OEM Lightning, Visteon, Fleabay specials shudder), and a retrofit kit from TRS. www,theretrofitsource.com.

Either MH1's or FX-R's.

Check out the results here: https://www.f150online.com/forums/il...t-members.html

For any more info - install tips, etc, yer just going to have to get off yer *** and use the terrific Search features of this site - it is ALL here. Good info on the TRS site as well.

BTW - IF you just buy some cheap crap Chinglish PnP kit for yer stock heads, you can just proceed to the nearest cliff and drive you and yer truck over it - I've got no use for idiots who care not fer their fellow motorists knowingly blinding them with oncoming glare....don't run those kits - PLEASE.

Oh - yer welcome
I could build you a set, just let me know what you would like and pm me.

Quick Reply: HID Question