Some Retro ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 12:40 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Some Retro ?'s

Ok I don't exactly remember what's what but they're the morimoto mini h1's h13 kit with the Gattling gun ll shroud......

First question.....Does the shroud usually sit off the reflector bowl like this????

Second question.....What's most of these things used for?????
I know the washer on the upper left is for the locking nut.....

Thanks for your help in advance.....

Last edited by 88racing; 11-19-2011 at 12:59 AM.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:37 AM

I was doing some searching and found this thread by mSall150.... http://www.f150forum.com/f2/how-mini...7/#post1056017

Are there any more pics of your retrofit on your dads truck?

Old 11-20-2011, 12:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To answer your first question you trim the shroud how you need to. I had to trim the bottom of the inside of my shroud and the bottom of the outside to get it to fit and get everything sealed. So trim either the inside or outside to get it to sit closer maybe put some notches in it, or you may not even have to trim at all if it fits because the shroud is all aesthetic. For the second question I can't help you out I have never done a Mini retro. Hopefully someone will chime in soon. Good luck!

Old 11-21-2011, 03:37 PM

Why I asked the first question......does the shroud sit on the reflector bowl for the mini h1?

Is because of this picture.....

As you can see the reflector pics up the reflection of the back side of the projector....

BTW.....figured out the hardware and washers ......but ran into another issue.....when I popped the reflector bowls out I screwed up a couple of ball socket fasteners.....any ideas where to get them?

Old 11-21-2011, 04:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are a couple things you can do. First is to cut the inside of the shroud so it sits as far down onto the projector as possible. Generally, they will bottom out on the projector plate (which holds the solenoid). From there, the only good option is to cover up the gap. What I did was purchase an extra shroud and cut it to fit my gap. Though it is on a '09 and hard to see, hopefully will give you an idea what I'm talking about

Quick Reply: Some Retro ?'s