any idea's on how to flush a condenser?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2002, 07:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any idea's on how to flush a condenser?

i have retrofitted my r12 system and have spent alot of money trying to get it working . replaced the acumulator/dryer. and filter . recharged several times . but still wont work . a buddy told me the condenser was clogged cause it keeps clogging the filter . any ideas on how to unclog it?

Old 02-15-2002, 07:38 PM
I did the same thing to my '90 Bronco about 3 years ago, when I found that I could get the whole job done for less than it would cost to re-charge the R12.
When they evacuated the R12 out, they replaced the parts that were going to be replaced, pulled another vacuum with the R12 side of the machine, flushed it with the machine twice, once with the R12 side and again with the R134a side. Then pulled another vacuum with the R134a side of the machine and charged it. Worked GREAT after that!!
I was told I could do it myself, after they evacuated the R12 out, but it was going to be really difficult to get all of the old oil out. If I put the new oil in with the old oil it could cause it to coagulate causing the filter to get clogged. There are kits you can buy to flush it, but it was cheaper to have a shop do it.
Good luck with your system.

Old 02-17-2002, 10:59 PM
Buy a Chiltons manual im sure theres something in there about it! and if im not mistaken they sell a HVAc manual!
JJ

Quick Reply: any idea's on how to flush a condenser?