03 HD Air changes to Defrost by itself.

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 02:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 HD Air changes to Defrost by itself.

My 03 HD Supercrew has the electronic A/C controller, and it has recently started switching on it's own when under Max AC or Automatic only from vent to Defrost (Default I understand) when I put it on the vent floor it doesn't do this.

Are the doors electronically controlled or vac controlled on the 03 with Electronic AC?

Just wanting to know what to look for and where, of course I could get a manual, and may just do that, but for now I leave it off MAX, even though it's now summertime in FL,

Thanks

Old 06-02-2010, 07:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i noticed something close. i have had 8 vehicles and fords are the only ones that have done it. my 97 ranger with a/c be vent if its on the panel OR the floor setting but the A/C will kick on if you change it to panel AND floor. it has the A/C setting and will also turn on the A/C with that setting. my 04 f150 heritage did the exact same thing. the 08 i have now does not do it. must just be that system that came on the 97-03's and heritage.

Old 06-04-2010, 08:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
97-03 is vac controlled. Ive seen alot of the modules fail and it causes the air to be blown out the wrong vents due to a slow internal vaccum leak

Quick Reply: 03 HD Air changes to Defrost by itself.