2010 A/C not cold

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 08:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 A/C not cold

My 2010Plat s AC is only blowing duct temps of @45deg on max AC took it to the dealer and they evac it and re serviced it and said all is well pressures and all. I tested my temp gage on my 2001 lightning and the gauge reads @35deg so I think the gauge is OK . Any ideas on how to help the dealer fix this its a long drive to them and I don't want there pos focus loaner. Maybe this is normal for this truck, service writer said that because its electric fans , wouldn't be as cool standing still .The lightning has aftermarket elec fan and it will freeze you out When I put the AC on max the elect fans do not come on constant and the AC compressor cycles on and off in the platinum. even last night when the OAT was around 65 it will not cool very good. Any ideas

Old 05-07-2010, 02:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electric Fans are more efficient than clutch fans, and therefore would blow colder air. I would take it back to the dealer and tell them you don't want it back until it is fixed. Your other choice is to take it to another dealer.

When dealing with any issues, always look into the cheapest solution possible first, which in this case would be low refigerant.

Quick Reply: 2010 A/C not cold