Instructions for blend door actuator 2008?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 08:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Instructions for blend door actuator 2008?

From what I've been reading on this forum since February, I suspect the blend door actuator on my 2008 xlt has gone south. How do I pull the radio unit to get to the problem?

Old 04-19-2011, 11:52 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Check out this thread. You also want to remove the glove box. There are a couple of screws on the bottom to remove it and you will need to do that to get access the other screws. The wire looms will also be in the way, but if you pull it from the retaining clips to move it out of the way, you can get more access. Take your time, it's not real difficult, but you will need a small box end to remove the screws on the rear and right of the motor because there isn't room for anything else. I used a wrench from a small ignition wrench set.

Old 04-21-2011, 07:33 PM
Windsor, thanks!

Old 06-05-2014, 09:01 AM
I am writing this to tell anyone with this problem just how simple it is to repair. I read the threads on here and it scared the heck out of me with the dash removal , air bag removal and such. NOT SO

I picked up the part YH1752 (2008 f150 SUPERCAB, Lariat, with auto air (digital temperature adjuster). The part cost me $36.00 tax in at local Canadian Tire and dealer quoted me $54 for the same. This morning I decided to tackle it because it would be a couple hour job. UNHOOK THE BATTERY( I unhooked both positive and negative) I removed the radio and accessory try from the dash, dropped the glove box and could see all 3 screws as well as the electrical connection. I removed the 2 screws from glove box side with a stubby 5/16 box end wrench then removed the third screw from radio hole as well as the electrical plug. ( there is a small RED locking clip on the connection so I removed it carefully with a flat screw driver by prying straight out) Then I put my hand in the radio hole and gently wiggled the old actuator out without a problem. I heard the blend door close, music to my ears because now I am sure that was my problem. When I installed the new one I did it the same way, gently turning and twisting until the new actuator rod fell into place. I lined up the screw holes and replaced the screws in the order of hardest to get at first. then put electrical connector back in and the locking clip. Replaced the accessory tray then the radio and glove box.

I hooked the battery back up and was very happy to feel cold air from my dash when I started the truck and turned it to AC

Total time it took me.... honestly less than 30 minutes and it was done in my driveway with no other tools than a flat screw driver and a 5/16 stubby wrench, I didn't even try any other tools. Just realized, it took me longer to type this thread than the actual repair

Old 06-05-2014, 09:03 AM
blend door actuator

I am writing this to tell anyone with this problem just how simple it is to repair. I read the threads on here and it scared the heck out of me with the dash removal , air bag removal and such. NOT SO

I picked up the part YH1752 (2008 f150 SUPERCAB, Lariat, with auto air (digital temperature adjuster). The part cost me $36.00 tax in at local Canadian Tire and dealer quoted me $54 for the same. This morning I decided to tackle it because it would be a couple hour job. UNHOOK THE BATTERY( I unhooked both positive and negative) I removed the radio and accessory try from the dash, dropped the glove box and could see all 3 screws as well as the electrical connection. I removed the 2 screws from glove box side with a stubby 5/16 box end wrench then removed the third screw from radio hole as well as the electrical plug. ( there is a small RED locking clip on the connection so I removed it carefully with a flat screw driver by prying straight out) Then I put my hand in the radio hole and gently wiggled the old actuator out without a problem. I heard the blend door close, music to my ears because now I am sure that was my problem. When I installed the new one I did it the same way, gently turning and twisting until the new actuator rod fell into place. I lined up the screw holes and replaced the screws in the order of hardest to get at first. then put electrical connector back in and the locking clip. Replaced the accessory tray then the radio and glove box.

I hooked the battery back up and was very happy to feel cold air from my dash when I started the truck and turned it to AC

Total time it took me.... honestly less than 30 minutes and it was done in my driveway with no other tools than a flat screw driver and a 5/16 stubby wrench, I didn't even try any other tools. Just realized, it took me longer to type this thread than the actual repair

Old 05-10-2016, 01:16 AM
newf33 hit it. I just bought a 2008 XLT Super Crew "As is No Warranty." When I test drove it, it was a cold day and I had the heater on and foolishly didn't check the AC. When I picked up the truck a few days later and was driving away, the AC was pouring out hot air no matter what I did. I bought the part off ebay for $20.36. and followed the above directions and in about 40 minutes had it all working and all cleaned up. THANK YOU! Note: Because of the tight fit, I could only turn the bolts holding the motor in place about 1/8 turn at a time. Just be patient. I used a 8 mm box end wrench. Also, the link to the part above led to the wrong part. Here's the one I ordered: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=1273727252014

Last edited by joel.miller; 05-10-2016 at 01:19 AM.
Old 08-05-2017, 07:00 PM
2008 stx

just did this repair to my 2008 stx. is there any kind of home reset I need to do? mine has manual air.

Quick Reply: Instructions for blend door actuator 2008?