99 F150 SCAB Blend Door Actuator/Motor

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 08:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 F150 SCAB Blend Door Actuator/Motor

For the life of me, I cannot find a thread that I saw about 6 months ago. I'm looking for a pictorial view of exactly where the blend door actuator/motor is or what it even looks like. I have removed the black cover that is just over the tranny hump and I'm not seeing the motor, housing, or the linkage that I'm supposed to see moving according to other threads. Any help is appreciated as this is the first step in my diagnosis of probably having to replace the blend door...the dreaded dash removal.

Last edited by yekratsb; 06-15-2008 at 08:38 PM. Reason: more detail in title.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:04 PM
The motor is just above the black duct pipe on top of the hump. Its a real bitch to remove unless you cut the duct pipe. Reason being one of the screws that holds the duct pipe is hidden up above the gas peddle and untouchable!!

I think three screws hold it in. If you hear clicking when turning the control **** to its limits the motor works but the door is bust. You can also touch the motor shaft and feel if it moves.

I ended up replacing both. The door breaks because it heat hardens and the motor trys to move it too far. Not a bad job to replace but takes a day to do.

Last edited by uknigel2; 06-15-2008 at 10:07 PM.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:07 PM
Is this what you are referring to. The white box which apparently has some sort of shaft drive on the back right hand side? When I turn the **** from hot to cold and back, that shaft does not move at all. Potentially a bad actuator? I don't even see it try to labor to move the shaft.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:30 PM
That looks like it. And as you can see its not easy to get to. The motor is inside that white box and its small. drives a few gears to the shaft to move the blend door. Your set up is a little different to mine but still looks tough to change.

You need to be able to drop that white box down to remove it.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:21 AM
Well, I can pull it down about an inch after I removed the 3 screws that hold it in. Now my problem is that the white shaft seems to want to come with it. How long is that shaft and does it disconnet from the actuator somehow with force?

Old 06-20-2008, 03:32 PM
I have read a couple threads on other boards that state that people have taken the black air duct out. How in the world do you get this thing out? One thread stated that they cut it out. Don't want to go to those extremes.

Old 06-21-2008, 12:14 PM
Ease back the carpet and remove the black bar on the right. Feel around for bolts or screws holding up the duct. On mine I found one at the rear behind the actuator with noway of getting to it. 11 year old truck? what the hell, cut the pipe/duct, its hidden so some black duct tape will fix it.
If not I would have had to take apart most of the truck to get to it!!

That shaft is about an inch longer than you can see at the moment!!

Quick Reply: 99 F150 SCAB Blend Door Actuator/Motor