poor comments on A/C...add on Efan?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 04:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
poor comments on A/C...add on Efan?

I've read all the comments on here and other forums about the poor A/C performance of the late model F150s. I did get my '07 F150s refridegrant level checked by a very competent ASE mehcanic neighbor (not a dealer) and it was slightly low. He filled it to a proper level. I've yet to have the truck for any hot weather but to me warm A/C is not acceptable and I would like to consider my options for when it does get hot in a few months here in Ohio in cause mine sucks on cooling too. I've read here and there that '07s have an improved A/C system but I have not been able to confirm this.

I've read alot about Efans and how many of you replaced the mecahnical fan with them. I definately do not want to do that but I have considered the possibility of adding on a pusher E-fan (single) on the front of the radiator to push air through it and the A/C condensor at low driving speeds to improve the A/C performance.

Have any of you done something similar and if so how were the results? I would assume that it is wired to run when the A/C compressor is engaged but I also know that the system runs with the defrost and several other settings too. This has me concerned about possible over cooling in the winter when the heat and defrost functions are needed.

Fill me in!

Old 04-16-2008, 09:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dont know much about the newer trucks but adding a pusher fan might do the trick. I do know r134 takes alot more airflow to cool it down. If you do add a fan check the pressures again after and see if they dropped. If so you can add a little more feron and hopefully get it cooling like you want.

Quick Reply: poor comments on A/C...add on Efan?