A/C compressor intallation

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 12:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
umm, i dont need luck to remove 3 screws. thanks anyways. ac compressor is out already, just waiting for my dad to get off work so he can go buy it, then i can install it tomorrow during the day before i go to work.
oh yeah, my dads truck didnt have any freon whatsoever. :shhh:

Old 03-15-2015, 03:00 PM
I know it is an old thread but when I searched it still came up, so I thought I would add this here as there is not a definitive answer on how to remove the compressor after detaching it. It is actually easy, turn your wheels to the left, stand the unit up and it slides right out the bottom. Turning the wheels moves the tie rod further forward creating more space.

Old 06-24-2021, 01:52 AM
Originally Posted by LariatSCrew04
The refrigerant has to be recovered before removal of any A/C components. The only way to do it is recover with a recovery machine at a shop, or crack a line and let it blow. You're better off to take it to a shop for service so they can recover it and then recharge after the compressor is repaired. Otherwise, you'll still be taking it to the shop to get it recharged anyway.

It is illegal to release refrigerants into the atmosphere... However, not really enforced.
If someone sees you, records u, and turns u in to epa, you will get a very steep fine of around $150k. Plus we don't need more carbon floating around destroying the ozone . Love your mother earth or she will make us pay.

Quick Reply: A/C compressor intallation