One more ? about Blend Doors and air coming out the wrong vents

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 12:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question One more ? about Blend Doors and air coming out the wrong vents

My 2001 Super Crew began intermittently blowing air from the dash vents to the defroster until one day it all came out the defroster. I've read a dozen or more threads regarding this problem and hope someone can bring me the rest of the way. I'm not mechanical but can't afford a pro to fix it right now.

So far I've removed the white blend door actuator located on top of the transmission hump in the center of the console. I plugged the connector back in and worked the controls but the air didn't change course. The "other" blend door, I'm not sure that's what it is, doesn't seem to be working correctly either. This is the soup can shaped gizmo found to the right of the gas pedal with the silver hook that works the door. It has what I assume is a vacuum line going into it but when I work the controls, it also seems to not have any response. I unhooked the lines and held my finger against it and again worked the controls but felt no suction.

I was able to manually work both of the doors I mentioned above and tried working them opposite of each other and still could not get air to the dash vents. I dread putting all the crap I took apart back together and just hope it somehow will start working correctly.

What am I missing?

Old 07-06-2007, 09:29 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
The blend door has NOTHING to do with the air outlet, only temperature control...

SEARCH keywords "defrost vacuum", you'll find dozens of threads about this FAQ.......

Quick Reply: One more ? about Blend Doors and air coming out the wrong vents