06 - A/C not very cold

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 03:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the same problem with my 06. It never gets cool enough for me on a 110 degree days in Phoenix.

Old 06-16-2007, 04:12 PM
I'm in Phoenix as well. My 07 doesn't cool as well as I'm used to either. I've heard installing efans will help a lot but they seem to be very unreliable. I will probably jusy install a small - medium sized pusher fan to the condenser and see what happens then. I've also read in another thread on this board that Ford purposly went light on the freon form the factory as a cost saving measure. If you have it filled and checked at a dealership they will fill it to the proper amount....again just something I read on the forum.

Old 06-17-2007, 02:55 AM
Originally Posted by Shane1
I'm in Phoenix as well. My 07 doesn't cool as well as I'm used to either. I've heard installing efans will help a lot but they seem to be very unreliable. I will probably jusy install a small - medium sized pusher fan to the condenser and see what happens then. I've also read in another thread on this board that Ford purposly went light on the freon form the factory as a cost saving measure. If you have it filled and checked at a dealership they will fill it to the proper amount....again just something I read on the forum.
Thanks for the info. Did you have your freon level checked?

Old 06-17-2007, 03:23 AM
No I will on my next service visit which is in a few hundred miles....I'l post my findings ASAP

Old 06-21-2007, 07:00 PM
I did some testing today. 06 F-150

108 Degrees outside.

The vent temp is about 50-52 degrees.

Cabin Temperature is 80-82 Degrees(This Sucks)

I took my 04 mustang out and did the same test.

Vent Temp was around 38-39.

Cabin Temp was 72(nice).

I am curious if I would be wasting my time taking this to the dealer.

Is a 50 degree output temp normal for these trucks?

Old 06-21-2007, 11:16 PM
I have had 2 scheduled services at the dealer in west Phoenix and both times have complained about the A/C, the first (5000 mile) the replaced some o-rings and recharged, the second they found nothing wrong and my air still sucks like most everyone's seems to. You might be wasting your time by asking them to check it, but it is under warranty and you've got nothing to lose. Strangely, a few weeks ago before it got blistering hot, I left my truck running with ac on while I was b.s.ing with guys after work, and I noticed my air is colder at an idle than while driving, anyone else ever notice that or am I out of my mind?

Old 06-22-2007, 12:10 PM
I gave up and went to Checkers and bought a recharge kit with a gauge on the bottle. Cost around 25 bucks. I brought the pressure right up TO the red line and it cools much better now. My time is worth more than the 25 bucks I spent then havin to make an appointment, drop it off, get a ride to work, go back etc etc.

Old 06-22-2007, 12:35 PM
Same Problem, Same Truck

Originally Posted by kwp06xlt
I recently (Feb. 07) purchased an 06 xlt that was used but only had 4k miles on it. The pickup now has about 7700 miles on it and the a/c does not seem to be as cold as it should be. It seems to take quite a while before it blows out even cool air and then it never gets as cold as I think it should.
I also have a recently purchased 06 XLT and it has the same issue. It will take moments when it gets really cold but normally it is just 'enuf to start cooling it down. Especially when sitting at a light, you can feel it getting worm quick.
My 2000 Ranger will put out ice cold air within minutes of starting it up. Hold your hand in front of the vents and it will cramp up from the cold!

Old 06-22-2007, 10:03 PM
Your a/c is operating just fine. It requires the flow of air to get it colder. I have had a temp gauge in mine from day one and on max a/c it reads 40. I guess Im lucky hearing some of you other guys say 50 is all you get. I still dont like it, but I have to live with it. I am coming from a vehicle that registerd 32* on its low setting.

Old 06-24-2007, 12:11 PM
SFM
This has got to be a normal thing.. Even my kids noticed the air in my '06 SCrew sux. Far worse than any other vehicle I have ever had.. I will have to take mine to the dealer this week to have an interior trim piece replaced.. I'll mention the air and see what kind of response I get.

Old 06-29-2007, 01:08 PM
Has anyone tried this Sub-Zero synthetic booster that is supposed to make it cooler and more efficient?

http://www.partsamerica.com/productd...goryCode=3571B

Old 06-30-2007, 09:20 PM
Hard to try it, it says its unavailable.

Old 07-18-2007, 06:03 PM
I want to recharge also!

Originally Posted by 4X4STX
I gave up and went to Checkers and bought a recharge kit with a gauge on the bottle. Cost around 25 bucks. I brought the pressure right up TO the red line and it cools much better now. My time is worth more than the 25 bucks I spent then havin to make an appointment, drop it off, get a ride to work, go back etc etc.
Please give me instructions about how to recharge the A/C I just bought a 134a bottle.

Old 07-19-2007, 02:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does anyone know an AC mechanic that can explain what makes on AC system colder than another?

Lets say you were to take 2 systems and fill them with exact same type and amount of R134a and made sure the system was tight and one was cooler by say 5 degrees. Is there a technical reason behind this?

Old 07-19-2007, 05:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kevinr
Does anyone know an AC mechanic that can explain what makes on AC system colder than another?

Lets say you were to take 2 systems and fill them with exact same type and amount of R134a and made sure the system was tight and one was cooler by say 5 degrees. Is there a technical reason behind this?
It all boils down to how quick the process cools off. The gas used gets converted from a liquid to a gas and you have to cool it down before it will turn into a liquid again. So the cooling efficiency of the thermodynamic process works is how it works.

Quick Reply: 06 - A/C not very cold