Easy way to unplug AC evaporator drain

Old 05-17-2004, 11:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Easy way to unplug AC evaporator drain

Hi,
I have a 2000 F-150. I am getting water on the passenger side floor board. I believe that I my drain tube is plugged. The water only shows up when I run the AC for a while. There is no water on the under side of the truck. I am looking for the location of the drain tube. I am assuming that it is on the passenger side sense that is where the water is, but can not find it/don’t know where it is. If any one has pictures, or know where it is I would really like to know.

Thanks
Jim

Old 05-17-2004, 09:54 PM
And here I was getting ready to Post the exact same thread here. This humidity is playing hell with mine and I accidently found mine vacuming the carpet this week end. I read a thread that said if you go through the glove compartment side and remove some trim you can get it off. It looks like you have to pull the entire dash apart just to get the part that makes up the glove compartment off so you can get at the screws there ( And who's the D/S that thought of putting those screws head up anyway). It looks like you have to cut some of that area away there to access those hidden screws, though it was nice of them to expose the 3 in front, just a tease I guess. Anyone have any ideas or how to's and yes I did remove my glove box first. Thanks

Old 05-19-2004, 07:24 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
Locate the drain from underneath the car. It should be below the lower evaporator line.

Sometimes the drain is simply a nipple that extends through th firewall. Sometimes there is a hose and an elbow that drains away the condensate.

Once the drain is identified, it can usually be cleaned with either a bent coathanger (use caution) or with shop air and a long, bent nozzle.

Steve

Old 05-19-2004, 03:20 PM
There is a cover over the drain hose now at the fire wall

Old 05-21-2004, 09:32 PM
Well I took her in today and figured not to see her till tommorrow....in at 1 called to come get it at 5...now here's the kicker...left it with 14650 on the dial,,,pick it up with 14675..15 miles to test for a fixed A/C evap leak????..look down and I had filled just this morning with the last of 1.999 mid grade around and it's a 1/8th tank down..in 15 miles???? ..seems some Ford mechanic like your tuning also Mike...insisted they document it in my file..on the way home you could tell some one had been deep throating her..she's was all kinds of jumpy...like a hard rode Mare

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Easy way to unplug AC evaporator drain