1997 Blend Door

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 08:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 1997 Blend Door

I have a 1997 F150 supercab. I keep blowing Fuse # 5 15amp to the A/C clutch, Cruise control, Back up lights and Climate blend doors. When I replace the fuse, it blows as soon as I turn the key to the on position. I have unplugged everything except the blend door actuator and the fuse still blows. I have read alot about blend doors sticking and how to replace and fix the problem. No-one has mentioned blowing fuses. Is this a common problem?
This is a quote from one of the places I have searched.
"Just got my truck back from the dealer for this problem. They told me that the actuator and heat box (where blend doors are) have to both be replaced...now get this....
Parts and labour!! = $1583.00 "
Any suggestions? I am going to try and tackle this problem this weekend.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Old 11-18-2003, 10:24 PM
Just a thought here. I know when my cruise control went bad it also affected the HVAC system, not sure which fuse or amp. Turns out it was the speed control sensor on the front of the master cylinder. It would blow the fuse as soon as the key was turned on unless the HVAC was set to off and then it would blow as soon as I tried to set the cruise.

Old 10-24-2006, 02:21 PM
I know this is old but I am having #5 blow as well. any more ideas? I traced the blue w pink stripe wire (from back of fuse box on #5)to the climate control. I unplugged it but it still blows. It may T off somewhere but I can't find a schematic.

Old 10-25-2006, 12:08 AM
fixed. Harness over on passenger side was touching headers

Quick Reply: 1997 Blend Door