Stock upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 10:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock upgrade?

So i have a 2014 XL and have been adding many stock features to my truck to make it still stock but with more features and was wondering if anyone has every went from the stock sync head unit to the one with the 4inch display. I also noticed many android stereo systems only work with this head unit and not the one in my truck currently

Old 05-19-2020, 10:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stooks
So i have a 2014 XL and have been adding many stock features to my truck to make it still stock but with more features and was wondering if anyone has every went from the stock sync head unit to the one with the 4inch display. I also noticed many android stereo systems only work with this head unit and not the one in my truck currently
I know your post is quite old, but I just picked up a 2013 f150 XLT. I was limited on my search as I live in a small market and needed place to take my previous vehicle on trade. This is one of the few trucks that was an option and the one that fit best in my budget. Much to my dismay, it is missing a lot of features I expected to be standard...like defrost mirrors with integrated turn signals, power seats, and more. I have the basic sync 1 in the truck as well. All of my research points to it cannot be upgraded to sync 2/myford/the one with the 4" display. you can get aftermarket head units, but not upgrading your sync. You can upgrade sync 2 (the one you are asking about) to sync 3, but if you have the original one, you are stuck

Quick Reply: Stock upgrade?