'08 Lariat, AVH-X2700BS Deck & Crux SWRFD-60L Steering Wheel Controls

Old 03-18-2016, 09:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 Lariat, AVH-X2700BS Deck & Crux SWRFD-60L Steering Wheel Controls

Has anyone used the Crux SWRFD-60L steering wheel control harness/stereo harness? I ordered a Pioneer AVH-X2700BS deck and that harness, installed in and am having issues. The steering wheel Volume up/down and mode buttons work, the seek next preset station/track button, when it works, raises the volume. When I raise the volume on the deck, 14-15 or so, half the time the steering wheel buttons don't work. The Crutchfield guys all claim it should work, the Crux lady I talked to said it didn't work on some lower end Pioneer decks, but works on others...? Crutchfield recommended the Crux harness, no splicing of vehicle wires and said it work....hence why I went that route...

Just wondering if anyone has any actual experience with this deck and or harness in a '07-08 F150... I also have factory sub/amp and I got the 12v to 5v adapter to get rid of the amp pop at start up...I don't get that, but I get a pop and feedback/power noise for 4-5 seconds after I power it off...

I'm planning on calling the audio shop in town and pick their brain, see if they have any ideas...

Just trying to figure out if Yes it will work, or if this particular combo doesn't work... If it won't then it'll probably be getting removed and returned for something that will work...

Thanks for any info you have any!

Old 07-01-2016, 09:43 PM
Have you had any luck fixing this? I have a Lincoln Mark LT with a factory sub and also have an issue with the sub popping when turning off the truck. I am using a JVC KW-V220BT head unit with the Crux SWRFD-60L. Thanks for any help.

Old 07-11-2016, 09:42 AM
No...I worked with the Tech Support Guys directly at Crux for almost a month, they were very willing to try to help out. They sent out other harness/SWC module interface to try and for whatever reason I couldn't get it to work consistently with my truck and deck. I ended up returning everything to Crutchfield and ordered a different deck and went with the PAC SWC interface and the 12v to 5v adapter. I was able to make that all work. No amp pop at turn on or turn off and the steering wheel controls work most of the time. Every once in a while the volume button won't respond, but I try it later and then it will...about 95% of the time it works... Not sure if the buttons in my steering wheel are getting dirty/wore out, or why they act up once in a while. The PAC interface took a few times to get the programing to work right, but it wasn't too bad.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:07 PM
I also ended up sending the crux adapter back. I got the standard metra harness with the 12v to 5v adapter and that cured my pop. In hindsight I wonder if the voltage was being held in the crux steering wheel control box. The ASCW-1 control box highly recommends to ground to chassis. I wonder if that would have fixed the SWRFD-60L issue.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:41 PM
Yea I was going to add another ground to the chassis as well. I did call the Tech Support for the PAC harness, as the buttons would work, but when I turned my headlights on they're was a lag before the volume would change. They suggested "upgrading" the ground, adding another ground, directly from the engine to the chassis... I may do that in the future when I get time to see if that helps, but I've gotten used to the lag as it does work, just is a little slower.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '08 Lariat, AVH-X2700BS Deck & Crux SWRFD-60L Steering Wheel Controls