wiring harness question

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 11:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wiring harness question

Im havin trouble with a wire on my harness to the double din receiver. The stereo has a pink wire labeled "lamp in" and my harness has an orange wire labeled "illumination dash light" and a orange/white stripe wire labeled "dimmer". I assume it connects to one of these.......does anyone know which one? Thanks for the help fellas....

Old 03-15-2010, 10:15 PM
What brand of harness is it first off?

Well I believe the one labeled dimmer is for the dimmer switch so that when you rolls it down the lights on the DIN also fade, just as your guage lights do, most likely won't be needed....The ill dash light one also probbaly not needed.....as for the lamp one from the stereo, it may be for the actual lights in the stereo (as in the power) or it could be completely different, suchs as in the case ford has ran the interior lamp or something like that in circuit with the radio (however unlikely).

Did you wiring harness not come with a little guide? You can also rip your existing radio out, and test the new DIN for useability, no need to actually install it, that is how I always do it, in case something in the actual install is difficult to remove etc, just pull the old one out, plug in the harness, test, if it works then you are set and don't need to worry.

Also if you are using an amp make sure not to confuse the Power Antenna wire with the Amp Power On wire, they are both blue however I believe that the Power Antenna wire has a white stripe...

Old 03-16-2010, 02:28 AM
its a schoshe brand from walmart (i needed it fast).....it has like five different connectors on it all spliced together and I only used one of them......pretty gay....anyway there is no directions on the harness package but there is a note in the directions on my DIN that says "do not connect pink lamp in wire to battery, otherwise it will use up the power of battery." but it does not tell me what to connect it to?

Old 03-16-2010, 11:44 AM
what type of radio do you have? in CEA terms, a pink wire is usually meant for VSS on a nav-style radio.

Old 03-16-2010, 01:11 PM
xovision 1760bt double din no navi

Old 03-16-2010, 03:11 PM
SO then I assume you have the fdk106F number, I have the same harness, and he no issues, just wired it up, and plugged it in and done...

Quick Reply: wiring harness question