JVC KW-AVX810 pics.

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 02:52 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
On this unit I just had to ground the parking brake wire. I ran it with the ground wire in the harness splice. Piece of cake.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Stealth
On this unit I just had to ground the parking brake wire. I ran it with the ground wire in the harness splice. Piece of cake.
same thing i did..... it is nice the wife and kid can watch movies when we are traveling.....and with a nice stereo in surround sound it sounds nicer then in my house...

Old 12-11-2009, 09:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want the JVC with Nav... I think JVC makes a good head unit... They were one of the first in HD radio scene...

Old 12-11-2009, 04:22 PM
man i am jealous now....i ordered the jvc DD single disc player, and they accidentally shipped me (and charged) me for the the one you got, so i sent it back....now i am kinda regrettin' it looking at yours.

Old 12-31-2009, 12:38 AM
I finally got my 710 model in. The picture looks good and the unit works great....as long as it isn't too cold outside. If it is below 58degrees when I start the truck up, the unit won't turn on. It usually takes about 5-8minutes with the heat on full blast for it to start. If it isn't cold outside it starts right up. Also, when the unit doesn't turn on (b/c of the cold I am assuming) the open/eject button still works.?!?!? Anyone ever heard of such a problem? should I put some insulation about the HU??? haha

Old 12-31-2009, 12:59 AM
I had a jensen touch screen in mine for about a year. it stuck out and broke the mounting kit. I ordered a new kit but got rid of the stereo a month later. that jvc looks like a great choice!

Old 01-03-2010, 12:05 AM
Originally Posted by stealth
i just installed this head unit in my 2005 f150. The main reason it took me so long to upgrade the hu is i did not want to get a single din unit. Having had my car broken into before and having stereo equipment stolen i wasn't going to get a double din touchscreen because nobody made a decent unit that had a detachable face. Then i found this one. I've had a jvc television for years and haven't had a single issue with it, so i decided to give this hu a shot.

Got it from sonic electronics on ebay for $375. Se is an authorized online jvc dealer, main reason i went with them.

Se sent me a scosche fd1426b dash kit, which i had to modify a bit to make work. No problem.

also sent a scosche fdk11b wiring harness which is for an audiophile truck, which i don't have, but it didn't matter.

I spliced the two harnesses together and it was a piece of cake. It did then take a bit of fine tuning to make the dash kit fit right in the dash opening. Not really a fan of the plastic mounting points on this dash kit, but what the heck. I had to shim under the top two legs of the dash kit to make the kit sit right in the opening. Good thing the dash trim on these trucks is so easy to remove because i must have taken it off and put it back on about a dozen times or so before i was satisfied with the dash kit.

Ok, here's the pics. Don't mind the dust and fingerprints. :o

it does protrude from the dash a bit (detachable face) but i am very satisfied with it. Looks like it belongs there. The dash kit is slotted and i could move the hu back some if i choose to, but that will come later on since i will definitely be back in the dash at some point in the near future.

now taking into consideration this is the first piece in my audio upgrade, the unit sounds phenomenal with only the stock speakers. I will be upgrading the front door speakers with pg 6.5" amplified components and switching the rears with polk 5x7's, and i'll also be installing amplified 2 id 10" speakers in a dual underseat enclosure.

Also if you're interested in bypassing the parking brake switch just ground the light green parking brake wire in with the ground wire.

All in all for the 15 minutes i've actually had this unit on and played with it i am exceptionally pleased with this purchase.
nice!!

Quick Reply: JVC KW-AVX810 pics.