06 Stock unit Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 Stock unit Help

I have an 06 KR with the 6 disc mp3 HU and Sat radio. I'm wanting to disconnect my Sat radio unit and use that AUX for my Zune. Is it possible to use the same connection or is there some piece I can get at a local radio shack/wal-mart that will allow me to play my Zune?

Old 09-01-2009, 07:24 PM
No, the satellite connection is not as simple as an audio-in line.

You will need to get something that will provide an audio-in connection. Many people here have purchased a PIE adaptor. I have an iSimple adaptor that also does it. Just do a search; they are both an easy install.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:52 PM
You could always go the FM Modulator rout as well...

Old 09-02-2009, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by Sundevil2188
You could always go the FM Modulator rout as well...
FM modulator =

I can't believe it was even an option, especially for an "installer". Now would be a great time to take a crack at BB and mobile audio, but I will refrain

Old 09-02-2009, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by yetti96
FM modulator =

I can't believe it was even an option, especially for an "installer". Now would be a great time to take a crack at BB and mobile audio, but I will refrain
Ive installed a lot of them for a lot of different applications (Ipod/MP3, Overhead video, sat radios) and only have had a one or two issues of customers not being satisfied. You guys are lucky in the fact that PIE adapters and i-simples exist for your trucks. What about that customer with an 88 civic that loves his stock radio but wants to be able to use his ipod in his car and not use a transmitter?

Part of being a good salesman (which us installers are since BBY wont friggin train blueshirts in caraudio) is recommending all options to your customer and asking questions to better make a recommendation.

Is an FM Modulator the best option? No...and I never said that. Is it a better alternative to a transmitter? Absolutely.

So if you have any wisecracks you wanna make about me and my fellow autotechs, feel free to do so. Believe it or not, we know what we're doing.

Old 09-02-2009, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by Sundevil2188
...So if you have any wisecracks you wanna make about me and my fellow autotechs, feel free to do so. Believe it or not, we know what we're doing.

I was trying not to come off in such a manor that my response would be implied to be taked as a "smart" remark. Obviously you have installed more stereos than most and have some expereince. I guess I just find it foolish that a person would want to keep the stock head unit if wanting to go more advanved (ie iPod in an 1988 vehicle). The situation at hand here seems easier to fix becasue the vehciel is newer and such. I guess I might take it for granted that some people like stock head units; even as a non audiophile myself, stock isn't good enough.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by yetti96
I was trying not to come off in such a manor that my response would be implied to be taked as a "smart" remark. Obviously you have installed more stereos than most and have some expereince. I guess I just find it foolish that a person would want to keep the stock head unit if wanting to go more advanved (ie iPod in an 1988 vehicle). The situation at hand here seems easier to fix becasue the vehciel is newer and such. I guess I might take it for granted that some people like stock head units; even as a non audiophile myself, stock isn't good enough.
My apologizes for taking it as a smart remark. With the negativity the majority of people have towards us big box installers, I just assumed. Plus its hard to convey sarcasm over the net. Add that to my personal, firey nature, and comments like that get me pretty riled up.

And you'd be amazed at some of the rediculous requests customers make of us. Just the other day I got "can you mount my overhead so i can watch it while im driving too?"

Quick Reply: 06 Stock unit Help