need help with backup camera wiring

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 05:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need help with backup camera wiring

ok i have a 2002 f150 i have 12v power to the cam so its on when the ignition is on but i need to know what wires to run or tap into to make my screen automatically switch to the camera when in reverse.I dont know what wire to tap into in the head unit i know what wire for the tail lamp but i need to know to where it goes in the head unit to make the screen change.I have a audiovox 1510d screen any help would be great thanks.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:03 PM
well, the cam should have a single RCA wire for video. you SHOULD have a backup cam input on the headunit, you will have to consult your wiring manual on the exactly which one to use....as for the power, you can tap the reverse lamp wire for 12v power and ground the other wire where ever it is feasible. That being said, if you are going to ground somewhere under the truck, i would seal the grouding point with a heavy coat of Corona Red-X.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:39 PM
http://www.audiovox.com/manuals/inst...2005_final.pdf

Here is the link for my head unit.I need to see how do i wire it to make the screen automatically change to camera view and overide whats on the screen when i shift into reverse.

Old 07-02-2009, 04:28 PM
i would use the dedicated video out RCA. Now, when you tap the reverse light for 12v power, the cam will come on and send signal to the headunit....there should be a simpl option in the functions settings on the headunit for it to come on.

Quick Reply: need help with backup camera wiring