JVC Head Unit

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 11:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JVC Head Unit

I'm really excited that after about 2 yrs of looking I finally decided on a new deck for my truck (my first one was stolen, out of my driveway none the less!). JVC is coming out with a new updated version in March. I just want to about anybody's experience with it.

http://mobile.jvc.com/product.jsp?mo...hId=126&page=1

Old 02-15-2009, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by TexasTech_F150
I'm really excited that after about 2 yrs of looking I finally decided on a new deck for my truck (my first one was stolen, out of my driveway none the less!). JVC is coming out with a new updated version in March. I just want to about anybody's experience with it.

http://mobile.jvc.com/product.jsp?mo...hId=126&page=1
Hey Tex, got your e-mail. Sent reply back on what I think, hope you got it. I love the JVC stuff and this is the best unit of the four I have owned! Only reason I've gone through four of them, is because I'm always upgrading . Just put the kd-nx 5000 I used to have in my truck in the wife's truck(not really a truck but an isuzu rodeo) and I'm get ready to put an earlier model JVC I have into the kids car.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:56 AM
I could be wrong on this but my biggest issue with this headunit is that is doesnt use a VSS wire for its Navigation. Google Vss wire for more info on it at the same time double check me on this.

Old 02-15-2009, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by pmason718
I could be wrong on this but my biggest issue with this headunit is that is doesnt use a VSS wire for its Navigation. Google Vss wire for more info on it at the same time double check me on this.
You are right on that mason, it it doesn't utilize the vss wire like the 5000 does, but I've had both and there really is no difference in how the two of them works. Only real difference is the fact that the 7000 no longer displays the speed your are doing unless you put on the vehicle information display, which is actually pretty cool, because in that mode it displays your longitude, latitude, elevation above sea level,your fastest speed, your average speed, town you are going through and so on and so on, all while your drive down the road listening to music and the voice guidence is directing you at the same time. Imo, it is a much better navigation system than the previous 5000. My only beef with the unit is it doesn't have as much remote control funtionality as the 5000, but that's okay I can live with that since I'm extremely happy with how this unit works!

Old 02-16-2009, 12:56 AM
My first aftermarket head unit was a JVC. Had till it was stolen out of my truck (with a $4K tenor sax, Scrubs season 1, and two cans of Dr. Pepper, damn those SOBs!), along with 6 other cars that were broken into and a stole car that ended up being found in south Houston. The first incident like this in my neighborhood in 2yrs. Anyway I was so impressed with it I really wanted another even though I run Pioneer speakers. My friend has a Kenwood DNX8120, but I figured I could find something better and cheeper. Well, I found it with JVC.

Mitch, I'll post pics of it once I have the chance to get it. Don't hold your breath though cause it wont be till June. The store gave me crap because I didn't have any money with me. Wont have the chance to make money till the semester is out and start my summer job.

Quick Reply: JVC Head Unit