Factory Line in?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 11:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory Line in?

I have an 06 xlt with the single disc player and no satellite. My buddy just got an identical 08 with the same head unit and his little tray on top has a line in jack so that he can plug his ipod into it. I know mine doesn't have it there, but is it hidden somewhere else I'm not seeing? If not, How hard would it be to add or should I just get one of the adapters that broadcasts the music on a radio frequency? Thanks.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:49 AM
It's not hidden. You just didn't have that option. The OEM plug is on top of the dash in the corner of the tray, as you mentioned on your buddies '08. It plugs into a port on the back of the radio - same port as the satellite receiver. I believe you can purchase this from Ford, but I'm unsure of the part #. I'm sure it's been discussed here a few times. Try doing a search ^^.

And I would go this route rather than an FM adapter. The sound quality would be better going straight in a line-in!

Old 02-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by harly4d
It's not hidden. You just didn't have that option. The OEM plug is on top of the dash in the corner of the tray, as you mentioned on your buddies '08. It plugs into a port on the back of the radio - same port as the satellite receiver. I believe you can purchase this from Ford, but I'm unsure of the part #. I'm sure it's been discussed here a few times. Try doing a search ^^.

And I would go this route rather than an FM adapter. The sound quality would be better going straight in a line-in!

I would agee with Harly---if you get one of those FM adpaters, you will be defeating the purpose of the ipod---it will not sound nearly as clear.

TSC

Old 02-04-2009, 08:27 PM
Search for the PIE adapter, about $65 on ebay.

Quick Reply: Factory Line in?