Question about speaker layout

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 03:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about speaker layout

Alright well as a christmas present i received a pioneer DEH-4800MP head unit and one pair of infinity reference 6812cf 6X8 speakers. The new speakers are obviously going in the doors however my question is in regards to the stock speakers in the back on the pillars. Should i leave them hooked up or should I just use the infinity's by themselves? Its a regular cab pickup if that makes any difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Old 12-26-2006, 05:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why not get some Infinity's for the rear?

Old 12-26-2006, 05:08 PM
install the new ones where you want and keep the stockies in the back in place until you can get some new ones. you probably wont like the way its gonna sound without those back speakers.

Old 12-27-2006, 02:11 AM
Originally Posted by ian51279
Why not get some Infinity's for the rear?
Well thats all i was given and i heard that putting speakers in the back is a waste cause they get muffled out? Something about rear fill affecting the way music is produced through a car stereo. If anyone could clarify this itd be helpful.

If that isnt the case well i plan on returning everything back to best buy anyways and repurchasing the same stuff off of crutchfield as its 10 dollars cheaper, includes the install hardware, i wont have to pay to ship it, and i can get a second set of infinitys for half the price

Last edited by '03beast; 12-27-2006 at 02:18 AM.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by '03beast
Well thats all i was given and i heard that putting speakers in the back is a waste cause they get muffled out? Something about rear fill affecting the way music is produced through a car stereo. If anyone could clarify this itd be helpful.

If that isnt the case well i plan on returning everything back to best buy anyways and repurchasing the same stuff off of crutchfield as its 10 dollars cheaper, includes the install hardware, i wont have to pay to ship it, and i can get a second set of infinitys for half the price
You will need a rear sound stage in order for the music to sound correct. If you leave out the rears, it will sound off. Try fading your stereo all the way to the front speakers, that will tell you exactly what it will sound like with no rears. I would return the Infinity's and buy some diamond audio's instead, much better speakers in my opinion (but that's just my opinion).

Quick Reply: Question about speaker layout