6 Disc in dash

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 08:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6 Disc in dash

Is there any aftermarket companys making a 6 disc in dash changer or even a 3 or 4? I want to upgrade but I love the 6 disc changer HU!!!!!!!

Old 07-01-2005, 12:42 PM
I'm sure someone has a in Dash Cd changed. But it seems more trouble than it's worth. Why not find a head unit, or an external hard drive that hooks up to the headunit. That you can upload songs to directly. On another forum, this guy told me about the Kenwood Music Keg It seems to be pretty cool.

Here is the post > *From Grayvader*

I really like the Kenwood HU's. Even though I'm not a huge fan of the silver accents, I keep going the Kenwood route -- the main reason -- Kenwood MUSIC KEG. I can't say enough how excellent it is. If you do it right you can pick up a VW phatbox and kenwood cable and for a total of $200 you just added 20gigs of storage to your head unit. You'll never have to insert a CD again (except as you walk out of the store with that new CD and want to listen to it as you drive home to rip it). Plus, the Kenwoods sound great (and you can tailor that sound a lot). I also really love the steering wheel remote you can get for it...

Old 07-02-2005, 11:14 PM
It realy is cool. If you have any questions about it feel free to ask. I'm about to install my second one. Just got an '05 so it needs a new radio. I'm pairing the music keg (vw phatbox) with the new Kenwood KDC-X889. Got the HU for about $270 shipped on ebay. You could go with the new X789 for around $200 on ebay if you don't care about the extra audio processing the 889 has (SRS and something else i forget). I got the audio processing because it should help repair the damage that MP3 compression causes.

Quick Reply: 6 Disc in dash