Is it Audiophile or not???

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 03:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it Audiophile or not???

I have a 2004 F150 Lariat. It is suppose to have the audiophile head unit in it, or at least according to the sticker and what I paid for, it should.
I was looking through my owners manual and the quick reference card, which explains some of the additional functionality of the audiophile system. Ex. Able to play MP3 CDs, have zone selections such as 'driver', 'passenger', 'back seat', etc. So I tried a MP3 CD, it spit it out at me. I looked for the zone functions, not in the menu selections.

So I take it in for service and have the Ford service guys look at the radio. They came back to me and said my documentation must be for a 2005 model, that the radio in the truck is the audiophile system.

Does anyone know for sure if the 2004 audiophile system can play MP3's and has the 'zone' funtions? Are the service guys right (my documentation is for the 2005)?

Old 02-15-2005, 06:00 PM
Do you have the black plastic sub box under the rear seat?If so you have the audiophile.
Seat selection should be in your menu somewhere.

You can not play MP3s in the 04 audiophiles.I know and everyone else is pissed about it, but what can you do.

Old 02-16-2005, 07:48 AM
Yea, I have the sub under the rear seat. But no seat selection in the menu.

Old 02-16-2005, 05:29 PM
Re: Is it Audiophile or not???

Originally posted by gaflyboy
Does anyone know for sure if the 2004 audiophile system can play MP3's and has the 'zone' funtions? Are the service guys right (my documentation is for the 2005)?
No & the 'zone' functions suck major ****, so don't even worry about them. But I bet you do have them. By default it's 'All Seats'. Keep pressing the menu button until you see 'all seats'. Then press something else to change it... or just RTFM.

Old 02-16-2005, 07:29 PM

my ford radio is audiophyle and mp3 function do not work
i had sub amp but it sucked @ss.so i trashed it and put a real amp.
i got ripped cause i dint know i paid for that piece of junk
also paid for a alarm wich they never had installed it was a cheap one w/ same remote to open doors that every one gets i added a real alarm w/ remote start rf 2 way .and five months later i still havent received my plates.
one of these days ill go back to the dealer and get my money back on the alarm issue.
my book says it plays mp3s but i dont

Old 02-18-2005, 07:59 AM
There isnt an 'all seats' option. I think they put the wrong one in.
Not that I really need that function, but I paid for it, so I should have it. Also it should have MP3 playback, since the documentation shows it.
Oh well, I guess I will have to argue with the dealer someday when I have time to mess with em.

Quick Reply: Is it Audiophile or not???