Harley-Davidson

My new mods on HD

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2002, 02:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My new modon HD

Just installed a super chip and wow, I only have put 30 miles on my truck so far and the chip still has more to offer with more miles on it.

Last edited by K-Man18; 07-25-2002 at 03:50 AM.
Old 07-24-2002, 08:46 PM
K-man can you be more specific than wow. What did the super chip do for you?

Old 07-24-2002, 11:28 PM
K,
Id be very careful with your little ram air mod. 1.Keep your ears open for detonation problems in the engine. You may end up with rich/lean air fuel ratios. Get a chip to fix that. 2. Watch out for rain and puddles. If those hoses arent vented then they could easily fill your engine with water if your moving fast enough. Mine is similiar except that I used only one 3.5 inch industrial vaccum hose(like the kind at do it yourself car washs). There extremly hard to find so I just asked the attendent at the wash and he sold me 12 ft of new for $20. Since ive already got a intake I built a partial cover that covers the front of the filter and still has enough space for water to run out of the bpttom of the engine bay if need be. Yours goes into airbox and water has only 1 way to go. Mine doesnt force air down so its more of a cold air setup then a ram air mod. When cervinis finally comes out w/ there ram air kit ill get the hood and kit. Till then I run with this. It makes a huge difference. I have a temp probe on my Fluke Multimeter and set it to memorize the high temp before I did the setup and after and it was a huge difference. That engine bay is way to hot in fl. to just have a filter opened up in it.

Old 07-25-2002, 03:11 AM
Cool

Db682, Thanks for the info on this setup. It actually was something I was just trying temporarlly. I have a Air force one on the way, hopefully by Mon.
terry bean, WOW = I can definitlly feel the truck pulling harder than it did before. Also the shifting is much more solid than before. It was to me well worth it. Hope that helped ya out some.
Later

Quick Reply: My new mods on HD